Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] Spy Bug Effect Stuck On Sim

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? Version 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Plant a "51M5 Spy Bug" on a sim and listen in. The effect might not go away.
What happens when the bug occurs? The effect of planting a "Spy Bug" on a sim does not go away after "Listening in" on the sim. The blinking is eternal.
What do you expect to see? When a "51M5 Spy Bug" is planted on a sim I assume that the blinking effect will go away after "Listening in" on them.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have a sim in my game that has the "plant bug" effect from the "51M5 Spy Bug", but she is not bugged. I planted a spy bug on her and "listened in" on her to see if this would fix the stuck, and very annoying, blinking effect. It did not work. It just removed the spy bug I added but still looks as if she is bugged. I am fairly certain that I did not plant the original spy bug that is not actually there. I tried resetting her and reloading the game too. I do not want to remove her from the game, my sim is dating her. She is a randomly generated townie that works at the curio shop if that matters for some reason. I had mods but I removed them.

Unable to play video. Please try again later.
(view in My Videos)

Message 1 of 19 (10,774 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [WORKAROUND] Spy Bug Effect Stuck On Sim

Community Manager (retired)

I'm being told this is the intended design. The Curio Shop owner is always "bugged" even when invited to another lot, or added to the household. The dev team does not consider this issue to be a "bug". Hah, I amuse myself Standard smile

Thanks much! 

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 17 of 19 (9,883 Views)

All Replies

Re: Spy Bug Effect Stuck On Sim

Hero
Hi @Tempy420

unfortunately your video is not working for me so, is the Sim a conspiracy theorist ?

I assume she does have the effect even when not working at the shop ? I did notice that all Sims that work there have the effect on them but haven't paid attention if it goes away when they're not.

Since you don't seem to be opposed to mods, can you get the Show/Search Sim Info Mod from ModTheSims and check if the Sim has any hidden moodlets/buffs: buff_ListeningDevice_bugged

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 19 (10,734 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

She is a conspiracy theorist and it does happen outside of the curio shop, sadly. The video I uploaded was just to show I have the ability to plant a bug on her. I downloaded that mod you asked me to and I did not see anything like "buff_ListeningDevice_bugged". I will include a screenshot. I took screenshot while she was away from the shop, but perhaps it is also worth noting she did not have that buff while in the shop either. 

Moodlet - Buff Info.jpg

Message 3 of 19 (10,731 Views)

Hero
Could you try this (you'll need yet another mod called TwistedMexis AllCheats or CheatFix)

Then try this cheat: Sims.remove_all_buffs

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 19 (10,728 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Using her Sim ID and that mod/cheat seems to have worked! The blinking is gone.

Thank you so much! 

Message 5 of 19 (10,726 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
Glad to hear that. Wonder which buff caused it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 19 (10,706 Views)

Erwin is bugged, can't remove!

★ Apprentice

Platform:Mac
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In strangerville, NPC Erwin Priers has a listening bug planted on him. My sim married him and now the bug won't go away. I have completed the strangerville storyline, and the bug is still there. I cannot remove it with cheats or anything.
What happens when the bug occurs? He still has the "Pinging" that comes along with a bug being planted. Will not go away.
What do you expect to see? An option or cheat to remove a bug planted by another sim.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Added strangerville.

My Sim married Erwin from Strangerville, he was bugged prior to meeting him. I have not found a way to remove the bug that was placed on him. I have tried bugging him myself with the listening device, debugging him with cheats, but nothing has worked. The only solution I have found is try to find the sim who bugged him, bring them into a playable household, make them listen in on him to remove the planted bug, but that seems practically impossible. Any other ideas? The bug pinging is very annoying. 

Message 7 of 19 (10,652 Views)

Re: Erwin is bugged, can't remove!

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @delelise 

Which cheat did you try to remove ?

The conspiracy theorist do seem to show bugged while at the Curio shop but it should go away once they leave it. 

Did you see him have the ping while around town before you married him ?

What helped another user was the following cheat

Sims.remove_all_buffs. 

This will remove all buffs on the currently selected Sim. You would need TwistedMexi CheatFix for the cheat to work though

Did merge your post with the other thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 19 (10,636 Views)

Re: [WORKAROUND] Spy Bug Effect Stuck On Sim

★★★★★ Newbie
have same issue here!
Message 9 of 19 (10,486 Views)

[PS4] Spy Bug Effect Stuck On Sim

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.15
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All current expansions / game packs / stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Automatically occurs on some Conspiracy Theorists
What happens when the bug occurs? The effect of the bug doesn’t go away Erwin is automatically bugged when I play strangerville and I can’t remove the sim5spybug since I don’t know what sim placed it on him
What do you expect to see? The blinking effect removed
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

So I married Erwin Pries from Strangerville and I want that annoying blinking that comes from the spy bug to go away when he’s in the household but it’s stuck on him and I have no idea how to remove his bug? 

Message 10 of 19 (8,438 Views)