Re: [OPEN] Splicing doesn't produce new harvestable

by ashtonberetta

Original Post

Champion

Sorry! Embarrassed  I have no idea why that last post was formatted in that way! Shocked I didn't do it on purpose! Oops

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 61 of 82 (3,238 Views)

Re: Grafts from day 1 of overhaul have produced nothing. I have stopped playing.

★ Apprentice
@KAJ3D Thank you so much! Even though they had to remove the link, I did find it. Wink
Message 62 of 82 (3,218 Views)

Re: Grafts from day 1 of overhaul have produced nothing. I have stopped playing.

★ Novice

No grafting at all for me. I do think this a bug made by design. I need to fulfill my inspiration that requires a cowplant  I choose the grafting method since my Sim had already been 10 gardening skill  Should I have my plants on Magnificent for the plant to produce the grafted plants  

Message 63 of 82 (3,206 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Playing with only pets and get together expansions as well as dine out, laundry day, first pets, and bowling night stuff. I have yet to get a single new hybrid type harvest-able created from two other plants. As I don't have seasons I assume my plants should be always producing all types. After not getting dragon fruit for soooo long of 3 plants I upped my garden to 12 plants that could possibly produce it and still have not seen a dragon fruit once. I've had the 12 plants for almost 3 weeks in game now. If this is by design then please consider adjusting how this works EA as something in the design is surely causing an EXTREMELY, like never, low appear rate for the hybrid/rarer fruits on a plant. I too am unable to get a cow plant and continue the Gardner aspiration  do to this problem.

Message 64 of 82 (2,848 Views)

Re: [BY DESIGN] Splicing doesn't produce new harvestable

★★★ Guide

So if the likliehood of obtaining the spliced fruit/flower etc is slim to none, then I will cheat to add money to household and purchase those 1,000 simolean seed packs

Message 65 of 82 (2,765 Views)

★★★ Guide

kinda sad, because I wanted my poor live off the land simsto obtain plants from harvesting and splicing

Message 66 of 82 (2,762 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've had a sim for at least 4 sim years (I've had her since before Seasons came out), if not more, I've always had an inside garden, I've moved a couple of times, bringing the plants with me, and I've literally never created an orchid.
It says when I hover over the plant, that it should produce orchids, but I've never gotten one. I have also had this spliced plant since before Seasons came out btw. I feel like I've tried everything. I've tried harvesting every day, I've tried only harvesting that plant, I've tried leaving it, tried keeping what does sprout, tried selling it, and still no orchids.
I'm also having the same issue with getting dragonfruit. I spliced, the plant says it should create dragonfruit, but nothing. Granted, I haven't had that plant for nearly as long, but considering my adventures trying to get orchids, you could see why I would give up pretty quickly.

The plants I spliced from are popping up just fine, it's just the ones I'm actually trying to get that aren't happening... I understand it's not supposed to be easy, but this is ridiculous!
Message 67 of 82 (2,691 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Try fishing for the cow berry - I've got loads from that (I keep them in my treasure chest for future gardeners). The pond in Newcrest is a good place to fish for cow berries. I've got so many, I'm selling extras off.

Now, I'm trying to create a 'perfect' cow berry, which can't be done from the berry itself, since it turns into the cow plant. I spliced a perfect snapdragon with perfect dragonfruit. I got both snapdragons and dragonfruits once. Since then, nothing but snapdragons. I've had the plant for almost an entire Sim year (in a greenhouse), and nothing but snapdragons, day after day.

At what point do you determine that 'extremely rare' is actually broken?
Message 68 of 82 (2,617 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Being inherently unlucky in real life I hate any system based on luck. Wink

Update:

Same game, I have had a spliced plant (well 3) to produce an Orchid since my character was a young adult. Now, while I have been very studious in keeping my main characters youthful the children of the first generation are dying of old age (Lifespan set to Long). 

Still, no Orchid

Any chance that the timer may be a little extreme?

Message 69 of 82 (2,235 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I used to grow dragonfruit ALL THE TIME with no problems. The plants would become fully harvestable (10 dragonfruit per plant i think?) and would follow the usual cycle of evolution etc. Since I downloaded Seasons (as soon as it came out) whenever I try to graft snapdragon & strawberry together, the spliced plant just does not grow dragonfruit and also does not become fully harvestable, bearing only 2 harvestables of snapdragon & strawberry. I tried to work around this and went through the buy-debug cheat and bought some dragonfruit seeds through that. I plant them, and they grow until they are fully grown, but do not become fully harvestable. I've tried in numerous games, and currently they have been growing for more than 100 sim days, with no evolution opportunities, and hardly any harvestables - only 4 per plant? It seems to be a bug that's been happening for months with no fix?

Message 70 of 82 (2,196 Views)