Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] Songs from other sim count for "Earn §500 from licensed songs"

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.60.54.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs except Island Living and Uni and every game pack except StrangerVille.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim in the Musical Genius Aspiration.
What happens when the bug occurs? When a sim in the musical genius aspiration completes the second milestone and gets to the third milestone, the point "Earn 500 simoleons from licensed songs" is already completed despite he / she did not write / license any song before.
What do you expect to see? It should be like that: The sim should write songs himself / herself and then license it on his / her own and then earn money from their own songs.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The musical genius has a glitch within the third milestone: The point "Earn 500 simoleons from licensing songs" is automatically completed despite the respective sim did not write nor license a song before.

Message 1 of 4 (634 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [UNSURE] Songs from other sim count for "Earn 500 simoleons from licens

Community Manager (retired)

I'm nearly positive this is by design and it's always been like this, since the release of Base Game. If you suspect this changed with a patch then we can investigate but yeah, I'd call this issue As Poorly Designed lol

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (562 Views)

All Replies

Hero

@Zack4358  I see this too but mostly it's with sims I've imported from an earlier save it seems.  There are some other oddities that happen with those sims too.  But I don't seem to see it with sims I made in CAS for that particular save.  Inborn game sims that I raised from babies also seem to do it at times.  It might be due to the fact that I generally have children max out at least one of the music skills (piano, pipe organ, violin) before they age to teen so they are completing the aspiration after they've maxed the skill.  Regardless, I agree, it shouldn't happen.  They should have to write their own songs to get credit for that task.

Message 2 of 4 (597 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

I'm nearly positive this is by design and it's always been like this, since the release of Base Game. If you suspect this changed with a patch then we can investigate but yeah, I'd call this issue As Poorly Designed lol

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 3 of 4 (563 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@SimGuruNick Well it makes sense to me as songs are licensed to household as it goes in household funds, Even though the sim that currently owns it makes money off of it, it still counts all sims that licensed songs in that household that is over 500 Simoleans, to do it the other way each sim would need their own bank account and it might get confusing.
Message 4 of 4 (557 Views)