[BY DESIGN] Some Sims always Nap instead of Sleep, sometimes on the wrong bed

by GothicSimmer

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] Some Sims always Nap instead of Sleep, sometimes on the wrong bed

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I have a problem with the Sims' AI again. Whenever a Sim is supposed to sleep due to low Energy, they tend to Nap instead of Sleeping and they also tend to choose the wrong bed despite that the Sim was previously commanded to sleep on their bed (which is what Sims are programmed to do). Even using the Sleep command twice doesn't fix it.

I have the Rustic Dream Bed and the Princess Cordelia Single Bed, The Princess Cordelia Single Bed is Zoey's bed but she insists instead napping on the Rustic Dream Bed although she has her own bed which is the Princess Cordelia Single Bed.

Some of my other Sims such as Rebecca also have this problem where she also tries to nap instead of sleeping but she does sleep on the Princess Cordelia's Galleon Bed which Rebecca is supposed to sleep on. The last time I had this happen was during the daytime. Some Sims like Ava will always sleep on their bed correctly but some others don't.

Not game breaking but can be annoying. I'm using an old save made since the Careers update.

Message 1 of 12 (9,813 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Some Sims always Nap instead of Sleep, sometimes on the wrong bed.

EA Sims Team

Hello.

I've been told that napping during the day and sleeping during the night is by design.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 7 of 12 (9,807 Views)

All Replies

Hero

This is when you click on the need, right ? I've noticed this too.

I think the Nap interaction does not have a bed assigned which makes them use the closest ones.

I agree that it's annoying.

I'll add

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 12 (9,787 Views)

★ Guide

It also happens if click on the Energy Need but the autonomous Sleep seems to be dependent on time. I think the Sims will only autonomously sleep if the clock is 10:00 PM/22:00 between 6:00 AM/6:00 (I think), if it's not night, they will either attempt to have coffee or nap regardless how severely tired they are. You must manually command a Sim to Sleep.

This can be annoying if anyone's in my state (Princess Cordelia Single/Galleon Bed or Rustic Dream Bed and/or Sims with Never Weary) where the Sim will have to sleep in the daytime.

Message 3 of 12 (9,775 Views)

★ Guide

I can confirm that this issue still exists in March 26 update (version 1.5) but I am playing an older save.

Message 4 of 12 (9,709 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I started a new save in version 1.8 and I noticed that three Sims, Urblake, Rebecca, and Lilith, would always Nap even at nighttime. The former two are in the Culinary career while the latter is in the Athletic career which work later.

@crinrict it seems to occur that the Sim naps or sleep depending on work schedule although some say there may be also other causes mentioned in Sims nap instead of Sleeping. Mostly I think Sims Nap rather than Sleep depends on their careers and work schedule.

I've also made another one posted in The Sims 4 Bugs & Issues, Sims may Nap instead of Sleep. I should note TS4 is the only game they don't always sleep, in earlier games, Sims would sleep when tired. In TS4, they sometimes Nap even at night.

Message 5 of 12 (9,626 Views)

Hero

This is probably working as intended but not really how one would expect it to work. 

Leaving it open as annoyance more than a bug

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 12 (9,469 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello.

I've been told that napping during the day and sleeping during the night is by design.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 7 of 12 (9,808 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Could they at least stick to the assigned beds for napping as well ?

@SimQARobo

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 12 (9,314 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello @crinrict

We are looking into Sims not always sleeping/napping in their claimed beds.

(Forgot to mention that before, sorry Oops)

Message 9 of 12 (9,288 Views)

Hero

Thanks, Robo

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 12 (9,284 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help