by SproutLee

Original Post

[BY DESIGN] Singing/w Guitar/Piano Does't Count As Practice Music

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim who sings in Entertainment career or Musical Genius Aspiration
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims are unable to fulfill goal of practicing music while singing or singing with guitar/piano
What do you expect to see? To be able to sing and fulfill practice music goal
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Screenshot (96).png

Screenshot (107).png

She's been singing for hours and still nothing. She even practices singing with guitar and still nothing 

Message 1 of 4 (1,710 Views)

Re: Singing/w Guitar/Piano Does't Count As Practice Music

★★★★ Pro

I'm not playing in English, but I think this is by design. Practice music means you have to take an instrument and practice playing it. Playing or singing a song is a concert performance and in a different category. It's the same with comedy: telling jokes doesn't fulfill the goal of writing jokes.

Message 2 of 4 (1,694 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

I also am pretty sure this is by design, you need to use one of the actual Practice interactions. I believe that if you hover over the task, a hovertip should appear that explains this. I'm not positive about that, but I think most of those tasks have hovertips.

Does the task complete if you use a Practice interaction? Thanks!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 3 of 4 (1,671 Views)

★★★★ Guide
It doesn't for practice singing, but as you said it's by design. It does count when they practice the guitar, violin, piano, and pipe organ.
Message 4 of 4 (1,650 Views)