Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] Sims talking to each other before introducing themselves

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.60.54.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs except Island Living and Uni and every game pack except StrangerVille.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have two sims talking to each other.
What happens when the bug occurs? The respective sims talk to each other despite they have not introduced themselves to each other.
What do you expect to see? The sims should introduce themselves to others before talking to them.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

When my sims meet other people, they autonomously talk to them despite they don't know each other and they haven't introduced themselves to each other. It happens often and it is quite weird, because I can't choose any social interaction except the introduction options and the sims talk to each other like they have already introduced themselves.

Message 1 of 7 (1,503 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [UNSURE] Sims talking to each other before introducing themselves

Community Manager (retired)

This is feedback/by design, not a bug, the game has always worked this way as far as I know. If you suspect it broke/changed at some point with a patch then we can investigate, thanks for the report! Standard smile

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 7 of 7 (1,282 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice
@Zack4358 I have the same problem at the xbox
Message 2 of 7 (1,442 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I have the same problem!

No cc, no mods, brand new save with brand new sim.

Edit for more context: I'm playing on PC and I visited a park, a bar and a library. My sim autonomously joins in chats with sims he's never met, as though the game is treating him like an NPC.

I attached some screenshots.

Message 3 of 7 (1,408 Views)

★★ Guide

@Zack4358  I don't think it's a bug.

Yes, I do experience it all the time too, but I do play the Game with Autonomy On in Settings, and by that Sims will do every day things. - Eat food, take a nap, Paint, Game PC.. Talk to Strangers if They need, or want to.

The introducing action is for the Player to use, and often gives a higher start relationship, in my Sims case anyway.

Sims 4 is a Life Simulation Game, only with Occult Sims and harrowing ways to die, and as in life, people often interact and smalltalk, even though proper introductions isn't made.

Message 4 of 7 (1,397 Views)

★ Apprentice

The issue for me is that if given the option to autonomously order a drink at the bar, or talk to a group of sims we don't know, 8 times out of 10 my sim will crowd the queue with "chatting" with a bunch of sims he hasn't introduced himself too. Spend enough time at a bar, and all the things I click on to add to the queue tends to get dropped/canceled randomly because he autonomously goes to join chats with other sims.

Please understand that other players are going to play differently from you. Yes, it doesn't bother you. That's fine. But it bothers me and makes already tedious gameplay more tedious.

If I have a group of sims in my active household (lets say a mom taking her two teen sims out to a park) and my sims keep scattering to join empty conversations with townies around the park, all for the sake of making the park look "busy", then that's just more hassle for me, trying to get my sims to do what I intended for them to do. (Collect frogs, go fishing, play at a chess table, whathaveyou)

It's been discouraging me from taking my sims to community lots. It's not a game breaking bug, sure. But it's still annoying.

I hope that makes sense and forgive me for rambling.

Message 5 of 7 (1,360 Views)

★★ Guide

@FireFancy Was it an answer to mine, or just a description of Your problem?

- Yes, I don't see the Autonomy Action as a bug, that's true, It's always been like that, I think it works fine.

You can turn it off, when You're out in public.

- The biggest Problem with Autonomy, is not the Autonomy, but probably the Get Famous Expansion. The more You're Sim builds Fame, the more Everyone else want's to know You. - The solution would be, in that case ,for a Player could choose to turn Fame reactions On/Off. - Not to treat casual conversations as a bug, and shut that totally down.

Must admit, haven't experienced anything like what You mentioning, only with few highfamed Sims, and I could always close those interactions down..

Yes, we don't all game the same way, so of course You'll understand my opinion and my experience of the game too.

Message 6 of 7 (1,354 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

This is feedback/by design, not a bug, the game has always worked this way as far as I know. If you suspect it broke/changed at some point with a patch then we can investigate, thanks for the report! Standard smile

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 7 of 7 (1,283 Views)