[BY DESIGN] Sims never get killed by fire after rocket crash

by cherpar

Original Post

Re: Killed a sim by rocket ship

Hero

Hi @SimGuruNick

I've tested this and it's just that they put it out VERY quickly (patting on the fire and it's gone) so that there's never really a real fire, hence no death.

Chances seem very slim that you Sim actually dies ... but that seems to be the case anywhere.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 22 (1,865 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Okay I just looked at this myself and you're correct, this is broken. Like you said, it's not a real fire, there's no Extinguish interaction available at any point, it's just harmless VFX. I've filed a new report, thank you everyone for your own reports!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 12 of 22 (1,854 Views)

Hero

Great.

Thanks @SimGuruNick

I'll add it to the list then.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 22 (1,852 Views)

Err, I want to rephrase what I said. This isn't necessarily "broken" and could have been the intended design. We'll see. Regardless, I see the same thing you all are seeing. Standard smile

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 14 of 22 (1,847 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I can add it as unclear then :D

EDIT: Done

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 15 of 22 (5,171 Views)

I've gotten word that this is currently working as designed. Sims aren't supposed to be able to be killed by rocket ship.

Message 16 of 22 (4,978 Views)

★ Pro

Thanks for checking @SimGuruNick but do you mean by the crash or by fire from a crash, too?  The game guides on both Carl's site and SimsVIP have indicated death by fire from a rocket ship crash was in the base game.  Was this patched out?

http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/death/

http://simsvip.com/2014/09/12/guide-death-types-in-the-sims-4/

Message 17 of 22 (1,792 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Maybe ask SimsVIP and Carl why they put it in their guides ? Did they actually experience it ?

Marked this as By Design.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 22 (1,785 Views)

I just loaded up our shipped Base Game and got a rocket to crash, and it works the same way. Nothing ever changed, death by rocket ship has never existed in this game. 

Message 19 of 22 (1,770 Views)

★ Pro
I don't know how the guides are written but if based on the officially Maxis/EA approved Prima Guide, I can see why they would have included the info.  Page 75 of the Prima Guide doesn't specifically say you can catch on fire and die from a rocket ship crash, just mentions death is possible by fire.  However, the picture used to illustrate possible death by fire is of an astronaut on fire by a crashed rocket ship with the caption "Put out those flames or your Sim may burn to death."

Gosh, @SimGuruNick thanks for taking the time to check out base game as shipped.  That was awfully nice of you.  I have no problem accepting it's by design but have a feeling this question is going to come up again over the course of time.
Message 20 of 22 (1,759 Views)