[BY DESIGN] Sims never get killed by fire after rocket crash

by cherpar

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] Sims never get killed by fire after rocket crash

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Im having trouble successfully killing a sim with a rocket ship. I am wondering if it is possibly bugged. I asked on the officials and no one confirmed they had done this successfully. one other simmer was also trying to do this, without success.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13313314#Comment_1331331
I have tried in at least three different games.
Two of those game had no mods. Final game use three of shimrods fix it miss ( fewer elders, musical chairs, CAS fix it)
Each sims has no rocket skill when they start. The ship has fruit stuffed in it, which makes it crash. The ship crashes but the message every time is ' any crash you can walk away from' . I've also tried with needs low. There is supposed to be a chance that the sim catches on fire but they never have in my game.

Message 1 of 22 (7,328 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Killed a sim by rocket ship

Community Manager (retired)

I've gotten word that this is currently working as designed. Sims aren't supposed to be able to be killed by rocket ship.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 16 of 22 (4,976 Views)

All Replies

Hero

No idea really.

I'll try asking around but for me, I have troubles with other methods of killing Sims that work for others all the time (like woohoo) so really don't know what's going on.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 22 (7,252 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Thanks crinrict, really appreciate it. It's part of the legacy challenge. I've managed to do the 10 other deaths, but the woohoo was really weird. At first, it wouldn't let me re- woohoo to become overexerted, the option was blanked out. For some reason, and not sure if I could do it again, it let me re woohoo on the observatory, so the sim died. All a bit strange really.
Message 3 of 22 (7,240 Views)

Hero

Bit unsure how proceed with this atm since it's unclear if it's a bug or just bad luck. Haven't seen anyone complain about it but then again, maybe not many people know about it.

Do you still get answers in that thread of yours on the official forum ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 22 (7,215 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Thanks crinrict, on the officials, no one confirmed they had killed a sim with a rocket shop. One person was also having the same problem as me. Not a lot of responses. Thanks for asking around.
Message 5 of 22 (7,207 Views)

★ Apprentice

The same happens in my game. The ship crashes, but my Sims put out the fire very easily. They already crashed so many times I can’t count and with different Sims. I’ve tried to make them stunned before entering the rocket ship, but it didn’t help as well.

Message 6 of 22 (7,105 Views)

Hero

It's a simple Death by fire, right ?

I've never had my rocket crash so far so I can't speak from experience but I'm a bit on the fence on adding this to a bug list.

Have you tried discussing it at the official forum ? Like not make it a bug report but collect experience from other players ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 22 (7,090 Views)

★ Apprentice

Oh, yes! I did that! And at the official forums many people have the same problem. I checked at both forums: at the brasilian (becouse I'm from Brazil) and at the american one, at both I found the same results.

Message 8 of 22 (7,040 Views)

Hero

I really don't know if t you can really die this way. Sims are hard to kill in Sims 4

Tagging @SimGuruNick for more insight

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 22 (7,036 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

There is no unique death type for "die by rocket ship" or anything like that. A rocket ship crash will cause a fire, which can of course kill your Sims, just like any other fire created via any other means. There should be nothing special about the rocket ship fire, compared to other fires, as far as I know.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 10 of 22 (7,013 Views)