Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] Sim's Paintings/Photos Tagged As Custom Content

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.133.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? ALL
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Paint from reference, also take a photo is valid as it throws CC as well
What happens when the bug occurs? Upload marked as CC
What do you expect to see? Sims Family photo should not change to CC in upload. This is a 1 day old save file. No CC/mods.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FIXED-Paintings-Incorrectly-Tagged-as-CC/td-p/5320125/page/6

Sims art is considered CC. 

This is an ongoing issue since day one. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Added Base Game Version Number

Message 1 of 60 (4,337 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Sim's Paintings Tagged As Custom Content

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Paintings and Photos By Reference are supposed to get tagged as having CC, this is by design. If anyone is getting stuff tagged as having CC and By Reference wasn't used, it'd be awesome if you could upload the lot to the Gallery and let me know so that we can take a look, thanks so much!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 26 of 60 (4,580 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sim's Art Tagged As Custom Content

Hero
@yagwit Tested this with my house that has several photos and it didn't flag

I know you said new save and all but did you download anything from the gallery and any of the picture contain cc ?

Can you narrow it down which item flags it ? Any photo you take ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 60 (4,298 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

My sim is a level 10 painter. I had her create landscapes of Glimmerbrook. She has 50 pieces so far.  I made her in CAS, no cc. I did download Maxis premade brown tiny house when it popped on screen.

Message 3 of 60 (4,288 Views)

Hero
@yagwit So it's about paintings not photos or both ? I only tested photo

Can you upload your build to the gallery ?

Will be a moment until I can test though

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 60 (4,285 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Only paintings. I apologize!

Update: Nope, paintings and photos bug to CC

Message 5 of 60 (4,283 Views)

Hero
@yagwit Could you maybe adjust your error report ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 60 (4,230 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

CC TESTER AHQ is uploaded to gallery. I apologize for the delay.

Message 7 of 60 (4,213 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@yagwit Testing this in the afternoon

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 60 (4,181 Views)

The Sims 4 Paintings/Photos incorrectly tagged as CC

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Take photo or paint from reference or anything no cc, place it on a room or lot, save it to the gallery
What happens when the bug occurs? the lot or room with a photo or paint from reference that its save to the gallery its mark as CC
What do you expect to see? Any room or lot with a photo or paint from reference or any no cc item in them not marked as cc
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.62.67.102

Since patch 1.62.67.102 every time you place in a lot or a room any painting made from reference or any photo taken of NoCC objects or scenery, makes that lot or room marked as CC. You could check for example giuliabuilds room made of paintings and photos of one Eco Lifestyle object as soon as you place any of those in a lot or room and save it to the gallery it will be mark as CC. I confirmed this myself with some photos taken by my sim around Evergreen Harbor and Newcrest.. This is an old bug that was fixed 3 years ago.

Message 9 of 60 (4,175 Views)

Re: The Sims 4 Paintings/Photos incorrectly tagged as CC

Hero
@K0j1K Did you test with photos only as well ?

There was an earlier report so I merged your thread. Haven't had a chance to test paintings myself but photos didn't flag for me so just making sure on that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 60 (4,150 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help