Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] Sim doesn’t get out of hot spring

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, most games, a couple stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have sim go in to hot spring and give them another task once they are relaxed.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim goes into hot spring to relax and then the task for relaxing disappears. If I want to get them out of the hot spring giving them another task doesn’t work. I can’t cancel the relax as it disappears, and they just stay in there. I can only get them out by resetting them. They do eventually get out by themselves if they are in there for a while, but we should be able to get them out ourselves
What do you expect to see? I expect my sim to be able to switch to another task if I want them to get out
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Most recent

Please help 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 10 (2,643 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sim doesn’t get out of hot spring

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Hello All,

I heard this was by design. The Relax in hotsprin  interaction to be guaranteed to run for 90-120 sims minutes. The interaction is invisible so when we perform other interactions like "Go here", the go here interaction will just wait and hanging. If we don't want to wait for that long we should be able to cancel the "relax in hotspring" interaction.

Reading through the above thread we see that most of people are not able to cancel the relax in hotspring interaction, if anyone of you are still encountering this issue (without mods) and willing to share the save, Instructions are here.

Please feel free to share the save with me directly.

In case few of you might think how to disable/cancel "relax in hotspring" when its invisible then there is a posture icon at the bottom of theinteraction queue using which we can cancel the interaction if we dont want our sim to relax for 90-120 mins (which is by design).

Attaching the screenshot for reference.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 10 of 10 (2,471 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@LauraKl10 Did you test this without mods/cc installed ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (2,633 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yes, still doesn’t work. I can’t get the sim out of the hot spring 

Message 3 of 10 (2,610 Views)

Hero
@LauraKl10 Is this for the onsen or did you build a lot with hotspring yourself/change the onsen ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (2,602 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

My game does this too. I have mods but I've tested without and it's the same. It does it both on the prebuilt onsen lot, and also if I put down an hot spring on a lot I've built.

I can send the sims in (though sometimes they wave around with a question mark over their head), go to relax and then just...never get out. Even if I queue another interaction they don't go, and the hot spring action won't cancel. I have to reset the hot spring to get them out. 

Message 5 of 10 (2,584 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
Would either of you mind sending me your save ? Instructions in my signature

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 10 (2,562 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Sure thing. I'll get that sent to you shortly.

Edit: Sent!

Message 7 of 10 (2,554 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@LittleGrape24 I tested your save and to me it just feels they are very slow to get out. The longer they are in, the longer it takes for them to react to the command to leave. They all did eventually.

Can't say if that was done on purpose or if it's a bug. It can be a bit frustrating, I agree.

It might need some tuning. It's like the opposite they had with the hot tub where Sims just leave all the time.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 10 (2,534 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'll see if my sims eventually leave if I leave something queued up then, thanks for testing and confirming I'm not going crazy haha

Message 9 of 10 (2,529 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Hello All,

I heard this was by design. The Relax in hotsprin  interaction to be guaranteed to run for 90-120 sims minutes. The interaction is invisible so when we perform other interactions like "Go here", the go here interaction will just wait and hanging. If we don't want to wait for that long we should be able to cancel the "relax in hotspring" interaction.

Reading through the above thread we see that most of people are not able to cancel the relax in hotspring interaction, if anyone of you are still encountering this issue (without mods) and willing to share the save, Instructions are here.

Please feel free to share the save with me directly.

In case few of you might think how to disable/cancel "relax in hotspring" when its invisible then there is a posture icon at the bottom of theinteraction queue using which we can cancel the interaction if we dont want our sim to relax for 90-120 mins (which is by design).

Attaching the screenshot for reference.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 10 of 10 (2,472 Views)