[BY DESIGN] Sim can no longer 'Compose Comedy Routine'

by smittenkitten727

Original Post

Re: Definite Comedy Bug

Hero

The error reported here at first is working as intended (aka by design)

You can only write a certain amount of routines. So if you already wrote all the short routines then there's no more.

As for the long ones. That sounds like a different issue.

Did you remove your mod to check if it's unrelated to that ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 33 (1,471 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

No I haven't tried that yet. I will do that and report back to you.

Message 22 of 33 (1,455 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

So today i went into the game, and I can no longer do either of the routines. I click the computer, select to do medium/long routine and the action never appears for the sim. I then saved the game under a different name, removed the mods folder, entered the game and did the same thing again. And again the action never appears. I've tried multiple times and still nothing. So it isn't my mod (MC Command Center) doing this.

This means that my sim probably won't get a raise any time soon, which really sucks big time!

Message 23 of 33 (1,446 Views)

Hero

How many have you written already ? As said, they are limited. I think it's 8 or 9 for each.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 33 (1,444 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I have written way more than 8 or 9 each of the medium and long ones. But if i couldn't write any more, shouldn't the options not be there? Instead of the action just not going through? And also if i'm not supposed to be able to write any more, why on earth is it a career requirement to compose routines? What if I had already done them all before i reached career lvl 10? Then it would be very very hard to get promoted. It seems like there is some adjustment to do here from EA. Maybe they should change the requirement once you reach top lvl in entertainment career, since you can't write unlimited amounts of routines.

Message 25 of 33 (1,436 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I just realized I can also Perform Routines in order to get promotion /raise... sorry, I completely forgot about that.

Message 26 of 33 (1,435 Views)

Hero

Well, now you got me confused but yeah, just use performing.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 27 of 33 (1,431 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

What I mean is, that the option to write the medium and long routines are there, but when I click on them the action doesn't appear in the left side of the screen where all other actions appear. I tested it with and without the mod and it's the same.

Message 28 of 33 (1,423 Views)

Hero

I understood that part but I don't understand why it's different from prior experiences and still doesn't work.

I'm trying to get some info on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 33 (1,418 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I don't know what you mean with prior experiences. But it doesn't work atm.

Message 30 of 33 (1,401 Views)