[BY DESIGN] Sim can no longer 'Compose Comedy Routine'

by smittenkitten727

Original Post

Re: Definite Comedy Bug

★★★ Newbie
After spending a lot of time exploring this, I've found that there is a problem related to composing new comedy routines. My Sim began early-on writing comedy routines and using the microphone quite some time before I chose the "Popularity/Joke Star" aspiration for him. While that might not be ideal order, it certainly is possible to do within the game in its current form.

What this means is that now, for the current aspiration I'm working on, I am required to write three comedy routines, but my Sims' computer no longer allows him the option of writing new comedy routines.

It seems like perhaps there are a finite number of comedy routines that can be written and if one chooses the Popularity/Joke Star aspiration after reaching a higher number of comedy routines already written, you can quickly reach a point where you are no longer able to continue completing the aspiration for this reason.

This seems like a perfect area for developers to correct asap, because it leads users to a dead-end that is unable to be corrected within the gameplay.

Perhaps in An update, the comedy routines could expire after a certain number of days, much like the way that published books fall away after a certain number of days, which would allow old comedy routines to disappear, and work could then continue on new ones when the gameplay so dictates. (Or perhaps a new routine would simply bump the oldest one from the list.)

I can attest that this is very frustrating to the user, as many hours go into making this gameplay progress, and to be frozen at a standstill with no way to proceed is the very definition of frustration in Sims 4.

Otherwise, if there SHOULD be no cap on the number of comedy routines written, then it seems there is a bug for certain users that causes an inability to write new routines after a certain point.

Please help. Please advise.

Thank you!
Message 11 of 33 (3,177 Views)

★★★ Newbie
One additional thought that seems important...

The way the game is currently set up, users cannot name their own comedy routines (when writing books, users must name each book, but comedy routines come with a title that the user csnnot change.) perhaps this is one reason why the number of routines is finite. If the user was resposible fir naming each new conedy routine, they really should be able to be infinite, in the same way that naming new books is.

That said, I suspect that other users would LOVE to be responsible for titling their own comedy routines, which would utilize our own individual creativity (in the same way that the book titles do.)

This seems like it would be be an easy and excellent addition to the game... Perhaps even solving the finite nature of the routines at the same time.
Message 12 of 33 (3,170 Views)

Hero

Sounds the same as this: 

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Sim-can-no-longer-quot-Compose-Short-Comedy-Routine-... and this: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Unable-to-write-long-comedy-routines-Unable-to-refin...

Is it all routines for you ? Are you able to refine them ?

Sounds like this all needs merging.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 33 (3,151 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Crinrict, thank you for your reply!! Here are the answers to the questions you asked.

It is for all 3 different types... Short, medium and long. It came on slowly. At first it just affected the short routines, but in a short while eventually affects all 3 types so that nothing further can be created. (My best guess is that the other users may have posted their problem when it first started for them.) gor a time I could still write medium and long routines, and then most recently i could only write long ones. (It SEEMED like I was hitting a maximum number for each type.)

I was always able to refine the routines (as long as he performed them once on the microphine, they each could becrefuned twice ti become excellent routines) and was able to refine up to and including the last routine it allowed him to write.

For me at least, this has meant I could no longer write ANY new routines once I hit:

7 long routines
10 medium
4 short
(A total of 21)

The reason I suspect it is a number cap for each type (rather than just a bug in the gameplay) is that my other Sim who has almost no comedy experience still has the option to create to routines when sitting down at the computer.

The main issue is, I dont really care to keep creating endless routines for no reason, but now that I am in an aspiration that requires that more becwritten, it is frustrating to be at a deadend with 21 routines.

Hopefully I have stated the problems clearly.

I know you do not personally work for EA. (thank you for what you do.) The question i end up with is, how do we stir up some EA attention to this so they know this is a huge deadend hole that users can hit in the gameplay.

Thanks again.
Message 14 of 33 (3,144 Views)

Hero

Hi @InnerRevoution7

I've merged all the threads now.

If you have a twitter account, that's the best place to reach the devs. But there's also folks reading here and on the official forum.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 33 (3,131 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@InnerRevoution7, have you tried this cheat workaround to complete the current milestone?

testingcheats 1

aspirations.complete_current_milestone

Since you've already completed the current milestone before starting on the aspiration track, "technically", you have already completed this.

So, the game isn't "deadlocked" per say. Just not an elegant solution ... I suppose.

Message 16 of 33 (3,082 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@InnerRevoution7 @kremesch

@smittenkitten727 @kianjim @Daedreem

Has this gotten any better ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 33 (3,009 Views)

Hero

Seems there's three issues in here now

1. Problem with the Joker Aspiration if you write the routines before you have he aspiration level --> That is now posted in the aspiration collection thread.
  2. Not able to write short/medium/long routines --> This is by design as you can only write 7 or 8 of them
  3. Issue with refining --> would need some feedback on this if it's still not working. If it's not, please open a NEW thread for this.

I'm marking this as solved since the initial issue was Nr. 2.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 33 (15,964 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Better make your own thread for this as the OP reported something different and that is by design.

Also this thread has become a mixture of things and that's why I prefer it closed.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 33 (2,959 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

My sim won't compose long routines. I select it, he goes to t he computer (not the one i meant for him to use), and then he just gets up and does something else. It works with medium routines though. But he can no longer compose short routines. The option is not there. He has completed the joker aspiration.

What does "By Design" mean?

Message 20 of 33 (2,896 Views)