Re: [BY DESIGN] [SE] Wearing gloves even in a bathtub

by simgirl542

Original Post

★★★ Newbie
@Emerald_Lubka So I’m having this issue, even after un equipping the climbing gear. Even had my sim throw it away, so it’s not even in his inventory. Still stuck.
Message 21 of 42 (978 Views)

Hero
@keeroo92 If you buy new ones and try removing again does that work or do you no longer have the option ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 42 (971 Views)

Sims keeping gloves on

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Not sure, but it's up to date.
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats And Dogs, Eco Lifestyle, Get Famous, Get To Work, Get Together, Seasons, Snowy Escape, Dine Out, Parenthood, Luxury Party Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Tiny Living.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure, It happened randomly.
What happens when the bug occurs? Gloves stay on the sim, even when they are off in CAS,
What do you expect to see? The gloves off for all outfits except for cold wear
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hey, so, I just got Snowy Escape and Eco Living. There is a bug I ran into when my sim changed into their sleepwear, the gloves stayed on from the outfit they changed out of, I play on Windows, and have the latest version of the game, I've tried exiting, Repairing game files, and nothing works, how do I fix this?

Message 23 of 42 (958 Views)

Re: Sims keeping gloves on

★★★★★ Pro

The gloves are probably from the rock climbing gear. Go to personal inventory and click on the rock climbing gear if you want to remove it.

Message 24 of 42 (944 Views)

★ Guide

I'm having this issue too, but my Sim doesn't have climbing gear in his inventory at all.

Message 25 of 42 (933 Views)

Hero
@simgirl542 Did you ever buy them ? Maybe they got lost. Try buying new ones.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 26 of 42 (919 Views)

★ Guide

Okay I'll try that

Message 27 of 42 (884 Views)

Gloves won’t disappear! Wrong outfit category!

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except the Halloween and the spooky stuff pack and the paranormal stuff pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don’t know.
What happens when the bug occurs? Whenever my sim changes to the everyday outfit, the gloves get back on. I removed the gloves from the winter outfit and it still shows up in the everyday outfit.
What do you expect to see? The outfit should only represent what was chosen.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

The gloves don’t come off no matter what I do. I’ve even tried to repair the game multiple times, restarting my laptop and nothing. This doesn’t happen with the other outfits, just my everyday outfit. 

Message 28 of 42 (850 Views)

Re: Gloves won’t disappear! Wrong outfit category!

Hero
@Childofthelord28 Looks like you have climbing gear equipped. remove it by clicking on the gear in your inventory.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 42 (845 Views)

Re: Wearing gloves even in a bathtub

★ Guide

My issue is different. The removal is not a problem, but the design of this feature (as with many things in sims 4 done without a thought on functionality). I like to switch households and I switched household before taking off the gloves and boom when ever I see my sim, she is now wearing the moronic gloves. So now in order to take gloves off I need to switch households just to do that. Ohhh what a genius design that is. This is the first sims game in which sims don’t know when to change into what. They change into workout clothes before entering the gym so they are almost frozen by the time they go in and change to play basketball in winter and don’t change back, because apparently a functional clothes design was too much to do. In sims 3 they just switched when they were indoors v outdoors and they actually functioned with the weather. I guess this was not an important design. So instead of adding rock climbing gear as a feature that functions like other clothes the design is this nonsense 

Message 30 of 42 (734 Views)