Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] [S] Sims dripping in summer/no rain

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? Seasons Patch
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get to Work, Get together, Seasons, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Spa Day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have an Non-Active Household Sim turn up, or just an area where they will be.
What happens when the bug occurs? It's summer, and they're dripping? Like they've been out in the rain
What do you expect to see? Some Sims have umbrellas, shouldn't they all get one so they aren't uncomfortable and dripping?
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installing Seasons

‌Every time a non-active sim turns up to my active sim house, they always seem to be dripping, like they've been standing out in a rain shower. It also means they're always uncomfortable when visiting. Is it something where I need to go into each and every non-active household and provide them with umbrellas, as unused Sim households and homeless sims all seem to have umbrellas...

Message 1 of 33 (2,890 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [S] Sims dripping in summer/no rain

Community Manager (retired)

I believe this concern is by design. When loading up the saves provided by @mh4515, before the NPCs had received the Uncomfortably Wet buff, they were all located in San Myshuno where it was raining. When I traveled to Oasis Springs, where it wasn't raining, the Sims were still dripping but that makes sense, they still had the Uncomfortably Wet buff. I waited 2-3 Sim-hours and they stopped dripping, which also makes sense, the buff had expired naturally. There are certain interactions that can decrease the time remaining on Uncomfortably Wet, such as warming yourself near the fireplace, but travelling isn't one of those interactions. I verified this with the technical designer and engineer who implemented this feature and they agreed. 

If you suspect that the Uncomfortably Wet buff is lasting longer than 2-3 hours, or perhaps the timer on it is somehow resetting, that seems potentially like a bug. But I was unable to reproduce that, in my own experience the buff goes away after a few hours, as expected. 

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 29 of 33 (3,148 Views)

All Replies

Re: sims dripping

Hero
Did you test this on an umodded game as well ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 33 (2,828 Views)

Hero

Tagging @momentyne for feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 33 (2,799 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hiya

Yeah I did and unfortunately still with the soggy Sims Frown

Thanks for coming back to me!

Message 4 of 33 (2,791 Views)

Hero

Hi @momentyne

sorry for not getting back to you earlier.

For me it seems some use the umbrella, others don't. Might be depending on their traits ? You def. don't need to go round giving everyone an umbrella. NPCs should have one on their own.

Has it not been raining at all when they come around dripping ? Do you only see this when they come to your house or also on community lots ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 33 (2,690 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I thought that may be the case, with giving them all an umbrella. It's on community lots as well, but only households I've actively played.

I noticed it but disregarded when it was raining on my current lot, but then noticed during a heatwave/warm weather they were dripping (they don't sweat do they?) But I thought it may be raining in one of the other worlds they live in/came over from.

And not to worry about the delay I appreciate your help on this!

Message 6 of 33 (2,684 Views)

Hero
Hm, maybe they are sweating ? Really unsure.

Tagging this as Needs input for now and see if I can get some more info from other users as well as QA.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 33 (2,682 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Thank you! Really appreciate it - maybe I just have super sweaty Sims!  Large smile

Message 8 of 33 (2,667 Views)

Hero
Apparently sweating isn't a thing: https://twitter.com/TwistedMexi/status/1012333998008406017

Would you be willing to try TwistedMexi's mod for extended cheats and try his suggestion here: https://twitter.com/TwistedMexi/status/1012334249784037376

@momentyne

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 33 (2,637 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Thanks for looking into this, I'll give it a go after work and report back! Standard smile

Message 10 of 33 (2,630 Views)