Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] Sims dripping in summer/no rain

by mariah6194

Original Post

Re: sims dripping

★ Apprentice

Hey momentyne, if its NPCs that have the issue my cheat isn't going to be much help. 

If you can upload the save for me, I'll see what I can find out for you Standard smile

Message 11 of 33 (2,362 Views)

★ Pro
I noticed this as well. I've been using the request to see another outfit to get the sim into dry clothes, though I sometimes have to repeat this to get they into weather appropriate clothing.
Message 12 of 33 (2,338 Views)

Re: sims dripping

★★★ Apprentice

Thank you! I'll get this sorted after work today, I didn't manage to get on yesterday!

Really appreciate it Standard smile

Message 13 of 33 (2,332 Views)

Hero

@DizzyDee-K wrote:
I noticed this as well. I've been using the request to see another outfit to get the sim into dry clothes, though I sometimes have to repeat this to get they into weather appropriate clothing.

Was this also during a heat wave ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 33 (2,323 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I have this as well, I noticed a townie dripping as she walked by my house. Wasn't sure what to make of it.

Edit:  Oh, and this was in the fall with no rain.

Message 15 of 33 (2,306 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Just posted about this on the Sims forums. Most of my neighborhood sims show up at my house dripping wet and grumpily uncomfortable for days after it rains. And it's any time of year; right now they are doing it on cool days in fall. I was looking for a modding fix and noticed they get a wetness buff. My guess is they wander through my neighborhood during rain, get wet (and buffed), then walk off the map. But the buff isn't timing out and going away (which it seems like it should) unless they are active.

Message 16 of 33 (2,267 Views)

★★★★ Guide
This above is the best likely reason for why these townies seem to be dripping all the time; they simply were walking through a neighborhood when it rained and didn't have an umbrella in-hand. When they leave the area and respawn in a new area, they are still dripping wet from the last time they appeared in the rain, with the soaked moodlet.
Message 17 of 33 (2,239 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have experienced this as well.  I've tried changing their outfits and they are still dripping. 

Message 18 of 33 (2,205 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My sims don't get wet. But the plants never need to be watered, always 100% dripping and fully watered. also laundry doesn't dry when being hung out on a line, stays dripping. only way my sims get wet is if I KEEP the laundry stuff and do laundry..clothes stay wet..

Message 19 of 33 (2,187 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Just a quick fyi; I went in and made myself a quick little mod that modifies the "commodity_Rain_Sim_Wetness.xml", speeding the decay rate and lowering the max satisfy time, and though sims still show up on my porch dripping, it now goes away almost immediately. The coding says "commodity_Rain_Sim_Wetness" and <V n="buff_reason" t="enabled"> <T n="enabled">0x9BE0EE4<!--(From Being Outside in the Rain) in there, so pretty sure that's where the dripping and discomfort are coming from. WHY it's still on the sims even on dry days is another question, but there's also a:
<V n="_off_lot_simulation" t="selectable_sims" />
<U n="arrow_data">
<T n="negative_double_arrow">-20</T>
<T n="negative_single_arrow">-1</T>
<T n="negative_triple_arrow">-30</T>
<T n="positive_double_arrow">20</T>
<T n="positive_single_arrow">1</T>
<T n="positive_triple_arrow">30</T>
</U>

That I lowered to all negative and positive ones, and it looks like maybe that is supposed to dry them when they aren't being played, but isn't? Hope this helps pin it down.

Message 20 of 33 (2,174 Views)