Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] [S] Resolution to Get Promoted Doesn't Complete if Job Level >10

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Seasons Patch
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Get to Work, Cats and Dogs, Vampires, Jungle Adventure, Kids Room Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Reach level 10 of a career. On a holiday that asks you to make a resolution, select the resolution to earn a promotion. Go to work, max out the performance bar, and get promoted. (At level 10 and higher, this is an hourly wage raise).
What happens when the bug occurs? You arrive home, receive the notification, moodlet, and cash bonus for being promoted, but the resolution doesn't get completed.
What do you expect to see? The resolution should be completed upon earning a raise at Career level 10+.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Seasons, since that added in holidays.

To be more specific, the Sim in question was at level 10 + 16 in the Comedian branch of the Performer career.

He maxed out his job performance bar and earned a raise, but the resolution didn't get completed.

Message 1 of 7 (1,451 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [UNSURE] [S] Resolution to Get Promoted Doesn't Complete if Job Level >10

EA Staff

Hi @Iyasenu

Thank you for your report, but this issue is as design Standard smile. The raise does not count towards promotion resolution.

Thank you very much!

View in thread

Message 7 of 7 (1,267 Views)

All Replies

Re: [TO TEST] [S] Resolution to Get Promoted Doesn't Complete if Job Level >1

★★ Guide

07-04-18_1-46-23 PM.png

07-04-18_1-46-35 PM.png

Added some screenshots, the first shows that the Sim got the moodlet for getting promoted (+3 Happy due to being Ambitious), yet it still says the Resolution didn't get completed. (Was on the last day available to complete it, hence the "Time Remaining to Complete: 12 hours" note.

The second shows that this was a raise at above level 10 career level, going from +16 to +17.

Also, both of these show that this was also taking place during another Holiday, Love Day in this case.

Just in case the fact that this issue happened during another Holiday is of any import.

Message 2 of 7 (1,380 Views)

Hero

Hi @Iyasenu

tbh, I don't think this is a bug. You can't get promoted after level 10. All you get is a raise. For me raise <> promotion so I'm guessing that's why it's not fulfilling.

Does the moodlet actually say promotion or raise ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 7 (1,351 Views)

★★ Guide

@crinrict

The moodlet itself is called:

"Got the Promotion!

(From Promotion)

Promotions mean everything to

Ambitious Sims. How soon until the

next one!?"

Also, when choosing Resolutions, the game seems to grey out (make it so you cannot choose) Resolutions that aren't possible for your Sim at that moment.

For example, a Sim who is maxed out all skills will not be able to even take the "Raise Skill" Resolution.

A Sim who is already in a Romantic Relationship won't be able to choose the Resolution to get a partner.

And a Sim who doesn't have a job will have "Get Promoted" greyed out.

But in this Sim's case, the choice was available, so it should either be changed to not be selectable once the Sim is at Level 10 of their career, or be changed so that getting a Raise counts towards completing it.

Message 4 of 7 (1,329 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

OK. Thanks for the extra info.

I'll tag this as unsure for now.

It does seem something is off but hard to tell what it is.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 7 (1,316 Views)

Hero
added as unsure

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 7 (1,290 Views)

Re: [UNSURE] [S] Resolution to Get Promoted Doesn't Complete if Job Level >10

EA Staff

Hi @Iyasenu

Thank you for your report, but this issue is as design Standard smile. The raise does not count towards promotion resolution.

Thank you very much!

Message 7 of 7 (1,268 Views)