Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] [S] NPC Dates Don't Complete Date Tradition

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: All Game Packs: Spa Day, Strangerville, Parenthood Stuff Packs: My First Pet Stuff, Perfect Patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Set the holiday tradition for going on a date Have an NPC Sim invite your Sim on a date on the day with the holiday tradition Complete the date with the NPC Sim
What happens when the bug occurs? The date event with the NPC Sim does not complete the holiday tradition
What do you expect to see? The holiday tradition for going on a date to be complete.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This seems like an oversight from the team.

Message 1 of 4 (574 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [UNSURE] [S] NPC Dates Don't Complete Date Tradition

Community Manager (retired)

I'm guessing if your Sim would've initiated the date, it would've completed the tradition? Is there any hover-tip text indicating you need to initiate the date yourself? If not, I can see how this is confusing. Out of curiosity, do you know if this ever used to work? I'm wondering if this broke with a patch or if it's just always worked this way.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (525 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

I'm guessing if your Sim would've initiated the date, it would've completed the tradition? Is there any hover-tip text indicating you need to initiate the date yourself? If not, I can see how this is confusing. Out of curiosity, do you know if this ever used to work? I'm wondering if this broke with a patch or if it's just always worked this way.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 2 of 4 (526 Views)

Champion
@SimGuruNick I don’t know if it’s always worked this way either, but I would have expected it to count. I know that NPC date invites count towards the “Go on two dates” objective for the Romance aspirations, so I’d assume the holiday counter could track it too?
Message 3 of 4 (512 Views)

★★★ Pro

@SimGuruNick This is the description from the tradition:

Go on a Date - Take out that special someone, or invite out a new soon to be special someone. It's tradition! To participate, Click on the Phone and select Ask on Date. Choose another Sim and select a location for the date.

It seems that I must ask the Sim on the date from the description.  It is confusing because an NPC Sim always asks my Sim on a date first.  I guess maybe that is because I have Dine Out and Get Together installed.  I guess it is not a bug.  Thanks for clarifying.

Message 4 of 4 (500 Views)