Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] [S] [CL] "Build snowpal" action doesn't work on penthouse lot

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Famous, Get to Work, Get Together, Seasons, Dine Out, Parenthood, Spa Day, Backyard Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim select the "build snowpal" or "build snowpal with" action outside when there is snow on the ground,
What happens when the bug occurs? The action shows up in the sim's queue with the same feet icon as the "go here" action. Once they walk to the spot where you selected the "build snowpal" action, it disappears from the queue and the sim does nothing.
What do you expect to see? I expect the sim to actually build a snowpal.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My sims finally have a yard so I was hoping to have them build snowpals. Now that there's snow on the ground, the adults can successfully make snow angels and the toddlers can play in the snow. But for some reason the adults cannot build snowpals alone or with anyone else.

Message 1 of 11 (3,126 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [S] [CL] "Build snowpal" action doesn't work on penthouse l

Hero

Build Snowpal interaction is no longer available on non-natural ground (For Simmers that own Seasons and/or Snowy Escape). That's why it's called a Snowpal, not a Floorpal!

Guess this was never a bug.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 11 of 11 (2,176 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] "Build snowpal" action doesn't work

Hero

Hi @liyanaido

which lot did this occur on ? Have you tried on different ones ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (3,049 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] "Build snowpal" action doesn't work

★★★★ Novice

I just tried on another lot and it worked. The bug only seems to happen at 1 Torendi Tower Penthouse in San Myshuno. 

Message 3 of 11 (2,987 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] [CL] "Build snowpal" action doesn't work on pent

Hero
added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 11 (2,897 Views)

★★ Guide

Testing this in the Fountainview Penthouse, get the same live mode actions as original poster. I tried several times and I now have 5 snowpal objects in the household inventory. They look like a 2x2 square with bump of snow.  I get error messages of 'can't intercept object' or 'must be placed on terrain' if I try to place them in either outdoor space.

version: 1.48.94.1020

EP: all except GF

GP: all

SP: Backyard, Kids Room, Romantic Garden, Spooky, Cool Kitchen

Free Packs: all

Mods/cc: not in this save

Save available if required

Message 5 of 11 (2,879 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

I am also having this issue but in the house in the Spice Market.  It seems that snowpals can't be built on lots without terrain.  It is weird the option is still there on lots without terrain.  Here is a video showing the issue:

Message 6 of 11 (2,303 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

I've also seen this in the 1 torendi Tower penthouse on PS4. If you direct a sim to "make a snowpal" in the yard area, the snow pile disappears and shows up in the household or sim inventory. 

Message 7 of 11 (2,284 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I am having the same issue but my Sim is not living in a penthouse or an apartment. They are living in the Old Salt House. She can make snow angels but everytime she tries to make Snowpals, she resets and a pile of snow gets added to her inventory. This issue is new to me with the 1.67.45.1020 patch (this patch has broken quite a few things for me). I tried in other world and I am having the same issue.

Message 8 of 11 (2,141 Views)

Hero
@skyfall1993 Do you have any lastExceptions being generated ?

Are you using mods/cc ?

If you have a lastException, please either upload as rar file or c/p the content. You can find the files in your doc folder.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 11 (2,122 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [S] [CL] "Build snowpal" action doesn't work on penthouse l

★★★ Pro
@liyanaido After further testing, it seems that Sims cannot build snowpals on concrete. It has to be on grass. The developers either need to remove the option on lots without grass or allow the Sims to build snowpiles on concrete.

Are you trying to build on concrete or grass?
Message 10 of 11 (2,023 Views)