Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] [CD] Pets winning the lottery

by Felicat82

Original Post

★ Guide

@SimQARobo wrote:

Hello.

I've been told that the team is not considering this to be a bug.

I've also been told that the active Sim always has the same (small) chance of winning the lottery, regardless of how many NPC Sims there are.  If the active Sim is not chosen to win, then an NPC Sim is chosen (and the NPC pool includes both human Sims and pets).

Why is it that we can't control pets because that's not "lifelike" but pets can win the lottery and it's by design? These two ideas are not compatible. 

Message 31 of 37 (833 Views)

★ Guide

Exactly.  How can a pet win the lottery if they can't even buy tickets?  I hope EA reconsiders this "feature" or some modder fixes it...

Message 32 of 37 (786 Views)

Re: [BY DESIGN] [S] [CD] Pets winning the lottery

★★★ Novice

This bug is still happening in 2022 and I thinks it's gotten worse, between my save files I've had pets win 3 times in a row

Message 33 of 37 (621 Views)

The Neighborhood Pet Won the Lottery

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.97.42.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Luxury Party Stuff Pack, and I also have Bust the Dust, Bathroom Clutter, Everyday Clutter kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a lucky dog win the lottery, lottery is random holiday in Seasons. Dog came with Cats and Dogs.
What happens when the bug occurs? An amimal, who cannot buy a lottery ticket, wins the Lottery.
What do you expect to see? A Sim win the lottery, a Young Adult or older, and a sim not a pet.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

In my most recent game, Rosie, beloved dog of Brent and Brant in Bindleton Bay, won the lottery! With all the NPCs in the game the odds of a player winning the lottery is already very low. If the NPCs are cheating and buying extra tickets in their pets names that is utterly unfair!

Message 34 of 37 (513 Views)

dog won the lottery

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? newest one
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all but wedding stories, journey to batuu and first pet stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the lottery and wait for the winner to be announced if you have cats and dogs in households.
What happens when the bug occurs? A dog I bred won the lottery.
What do you expect to see? I expect not to see animals win the lottery, only sims.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I was playing in my a household and then got the results from the lottery, which happened to be Pixel Walters as seen in the image, this dog was bred and there shouldn't be any possibility of pets being able to win the lottery; the household this pet is in doesn't share the same last name.

Message 35 of 37 (464 Views)

Re: dog won the lottery

Hero
@freakyteen21 I merged your thread with the existing thread on this.

This is by design.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 36 of 37 (416 Views)

Re: Dogs Winning The Lottery

★ Guide

I think it’s funny. Also, once. I had one of my non-active Sims win. Like she was a played household just hadn’t been on her to actually buy a ticket, yet she won. I hopped over to her and she had a million dollars extra in her bank. She immediately moved into the Goth’s old mansion!

Message 37 of 37 (272 Views)