Re: [OPEN] Resizing wall mirrors and Windows does not work

by Geminiagre

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] Resizing wall mirrors and Windows does not work

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Using ] to resize up, mirrors the frame pops up higher on the wall, but the reflective surface remains the same size. One had a shadow, but the mirror did not appear on the wall. This happened with most mirrors, I did not test all mirrors.

With rugs the green placement area gets larger, but the rug does not.

I'm running on an ASUS ROG GL551 with the 1TB hdd, i7cpu, and NVidia gpu.

Message 1 of 9 (11,362 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager (retired)

The inability to resize windows/mirrors is not a bug, it's a feature request. We don't support resizing those items and it would require new work/tech in order to make it possible.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 8 of 9 (9,708 Views)

All Replies

Re: Resizing wall mirrors and rugs does not work

Hero

This has been reported in the old bug thread. Added this thread since it didn't have a thread here.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (11,333 Views)

Re: Resizing wall mirrors and rugs does not work

Hero (Retired)

Rugs resize now.  Mirrors do not.  Windows have the same problem as mirrors by the way - I would love to see them both able to be enlarged properly.

Message 3 of 9 (11,197 Views)

★ Guide

@crinrict Hope you don't mind me joining in here (figured it's better than making a new post) but the Rail Against The Machine object from Get Together has this issue too - footprint and shadow increases in size, the object itself doesn't.

Message 4 of 9 (11,168 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have the same issue with the mirrors. The frame gets bigger, but it wont move, and the rest of the mesh turns bright blue as if the mesh goes missing.

Message 5 of 9 (11,031 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have this problem too. The mirrors are way too small. if they had bigger sizes I wouldn't mind as much. Its been 2 years now and it has not been fixed yet! when will they fix this??

Message 6 of 9 (10,533 Views)

Hero

Unfortunately, there's never an ETA on fixes so all we can do is wait.

As resizing is a cheat which are generally not supported, it may not be on top of the list of issues to fix.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 9 (10,526 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

The inability to resize windows/mirrors is not a bug, it's a feature request. We don't support resizing those items and it would require new work/tech in order to make it possible.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 8 of 9 (9,709 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Then get your lazy butts going and actually make it a feature at some point!

Message 9 of 9 (5,812 Views)