Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] Relationship Panel Not Showing Family Relationships

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs except Get to Work and Eco Lifestyle. Game packs owned: Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Vampires, Parenthood, Realm of Magic. Stuff packs owned: Perfect Patio Romantic Garden, Kids Room, Laundry Day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In the relationship panels of all of my Sims, it doesn't show that they're related to each other. When playing as a Sim, hovering over their siblings and parents doesn't show their relationship. Married Sims do not appear married on the relationship panel. In the family tree and CAS, it does mark their relationships, however.
What happens when the bug occurs? Family relationships are not seen.
What do you expect to see? There should be a wedding ring icon for married Sims, which is not there. I have the Parenthood pack, and my Sim won't show the Parenthood specific relationships with their parent like when they used to.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I put it in a screenshot of my Sim's husband's relationship panel. It doesn't show that they're married. I did try to repair the game files and disabling mods, but it didn't work. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 26 (10,760 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Relationship Panel Not Showing Family Relationships

EA Sims Team

Hello.

I heard this was by design.  Relationship info is now intended to appear in the Sim Profile UI.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 11 of 26 (13,615 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@ascendingscarlet

Do you also have it on a fresh save ? Don't have currently time to test this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 26 (10,702 Views)

★ Pro
@crinrict Same thing with fresh saves, relationships now only appear in new Sim Profile.
Message 3 of 26 (10,690 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Same problem.

I'm starting to wonder if its a change EA added. Really annoying if it is.

Being able to hover over a sim and see if they are related is useful, shouldn't have to click the new profile button.

Message 4 of 26 (10,685 Views)

Hero
@kusurusu Thanks for testing.

It might be a wanted change.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 26 (10,682 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict I thought the relationship panel was broken too, but, it it's not. You click on the sim in your sims' relationship panel & click on Open Sim Profile.
Message 6 of 26 (10,649 Views)

Hero
@Jaldeer yes but it's still unclear if the relationships were removed from the hover over on purpose or not.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 26 (10,642 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I see what you mean.  Yes, when hovering over the sim in your sims' relationship it doesn't say.  Just their name, their age, if they are employed or not, & traits & when I was on my sim, I opened up her relationship panel, selected her brother, clicked on Open Sim Profile & it said he was her brother.  Relationship isn't removed.

Message 8 of 26 (10,637 Views)

Hero
@Jaldeer Yeah, it's not an issue of the relationships being removed. Just of them no longer showing in the hover menu.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 26 (10,633 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Right...I think it's supposed to be that way, although I liked it when you hovered over it & you could see the relationship that way.  At least the relationships aren't removed.  That would be a pain.

Message 10 of 26 (10,631 Views)