Re: Relationship Panel Not Showing Family Relationships

by SimQARobo

Original Post

Re: Relationship Panel Not Showing Family Relationships

EA Sims Team

Hello.

I heard this was by design.  Relationship info is now intended to appear in the Sim Profile UI.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 11 of 26 (13,757 Views)

Relationships not showing up

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Steam-PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Latest version on Steam
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All installed
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It happens permanently.
What happens when the bug occurs? No longer see a person in my list labelled for example "friend" "lover" etc
What do you expect to see? It should show friendship status and doesn't.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Since updating to the new expansion I no longer have any relationship titles. It does not show someone as "lover" or "friend" it's just completely missing that section. I've attached a screenshot. 

I removed all my mods, cleared the cache, removed all the files that are safe to remove. I started a fresh save too and it is still happening.

simsbug.png

It SHOULD look like this:

zEfaBNk.png

Message 12 of 26 (3,385 Views)

Re: Relationships not showing up

★★★ Novice

Wait... this is INTENDED? Really? Can we complain about this anywhere? It's so quick and easy to hover over why bother removing it from that screen?

Message 13 of 26 (3,358 Views)

Re: Relationships not showing up

Hero
@NoxxyUK yes, you can post either in General discussion here at AHQ or in the feedback section at the officials: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/ or if you have twitter, tweet to any of the gurus.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 26 (3,347 Views)

Relationship bugs

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Look at spouse or child.
What happens when the bug occurs? Info about a sims spouse or child etc doesn't show up.
What do you expect to see? The relationships.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I haven't played since update 1.62 cause of bugs. So now i decided to update and buy packs.
When you play as a sim and hover over their spouse for example it only shows facts like age, work and traits. Nothing more.
I tried with a new save, no mods and clean cache. Problem is still there.

Other sims can however see if someone else is married. It's the active sim that can't see any relationships with anyone, good, bad or if they are related or married.

Message 15 of 26 (3,154 Views)

Re: Relationship bugs

[ Edited ]
Hero

@SisterGloomy merged your post. This was changed on purpose.

It's all in the info panel now. Do you see them there ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 26 (3,147 Views)

Sim profile is nice but why there isn't some info seen when hovering on sim in R

★★★ Guide

The sim profiles are a great add and I love them. However as I play rotationally I am missing a small info on the sim without having to open the profile fully. Like if they are related etc. Do I recall wrong or was it like that before the sim profile patch? 

Why would they nerf that off?

Message 17 of 26 (2,605 Views)

Re: Sim profile is nice but why there isn't some info seen when hovering on sim

★★★★ Expert

I remember seeing it on the sim portrait in the relations panel before the Sim Profile addition. I miss seeing the exact relation bond as well, without having to do an extra click, waiting for the window to open, then closing it again.

Message 18 of 26 (2,595 Views)

★★★ Guide
@DonroaAkashu Thank you! I was doubting my memory there but it seems it used to be like that.

I know this is a really minor thing (like lol what a first world problem - I need to click twice) but for me it breaks the immersion or rythm of the game.

As in fact do all the pop up menus in game.
Message 19 of 26 (2,582 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @adduapina I merged your posts with this thread. This change was intended. Standard smile 

Leeloo.png

Stay and Play.png
Message 20 of 26 (2,564 Views)