by crinrict

Original Post

[OPEN] [ROM] Unable to purchase or win wand recolours

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.56.52.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Purchase wand in the caster's alley or win wands by duelling. For comparison, do the same with brooms.
What happens when the bug occurs? All of the recoloured brooms are available for purchase (on a rotating basis) in caster's alley, and can be won by duelling. None of the recoloured wands can be purchased or won.
What do you expect to see? Wand recolours available for purchase or as rewards for winning duels.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Has been the case since Realm of Magic came out. Unaffected by patches.

I have won/purchased approximately 150 wands and 165 brooms across two saves, using seven teen and adult sims ranging from Neophyte to multiple ranks of Virtuoso spell-caster.

I have been able to purchase all of the recoloured brooms in caster's alley and/or win them via duelling, having multiple copies of each recolour and winning them on a fairly regular basis. 

I have never won or been able to purchase a recoloured wand.

I could not give an exact figure, but would estimate that I have won over 70 duels across these seven caster sims. I have never had a recoloured wand as a reward. I have never seen one available for purchase in caster's alley. I have never found one while searching for tomes in the bookshelves.

Given these statistics, I would state with some confidence that there is some sort of bug or error preventing the wand recolours from being available for purchase or as rewards.

I have also seen this reported on the Sims forums, but I am unsure whether it has been reported here.

ETA: Edited to add game version number. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 6 of 51 (9,723 Views)

Missing Wand Recolors

★ Apprentice

Platform:PC
What is your current game version number? 1.55.108.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play for a few weeks and not get any wand recolors
What happens when the bug occurs? Wand recolors can't be had by purchase or duelling. My collector Sim has about a hundred wands, and none of them are recolors. And the game thinks she's completed the collection.
What do you expect to see? I expect all the wands to be available for collection. There's rare, and then there's nonexistent.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I'd attach a screenshot, but I can't take a shot of something that isn't there. My Sim has all ten of the lesser wand colors, but the recolors just won't come. I'm accustomed to having to work for the rare ones, but some of these wands are not rare. My Sim does nothing but duel anymore, and goes to the shop every day. Nada. I'd like to complete this collection and move on.

Message 1 of 51 (9,786 Views)

Re: Missing Wand Recolors

Hero
@JulianneALee Could you possibly be having this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ROM-BuyDebug-Collectibles-showing-in-Household/m-p... ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 51 (9,759 Views)

★ Apprentice
@crinrict This appears to be it, except that I couldn't find any of the RoM collectibles in buydebug, and the only collectibles I couldn't find are the recolors of the wands. In IL it took forEVER to get the rare recolors, but I eventually did. The wands just aren't happening. Is there a fix for this, or am I just waiting for a patch?
Message 3 of 51 (9,744 Views)

Hero
@JulianneALee If you can't find them, I doubt there's anything you can do at this point but wait for a fix.

I've merged your post with the other

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 51 (9,741 Views)

★ Apprentice
@crinrict Thanks for doing what you could.
Message 5 of 51 (9,723 Views)

Re: Unable to purchase or win wand recolours

Hero
@missdeefying I'm guessing your issue is the same as this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ROM-BuyDebug-Collectibles-showing-in-Household/m-p... ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 51 (9,668 Views)

★ Guide

@crinrict 

You're probably right, although I don't think the recolours are buy-debug items since you can buy the recoloured brooms in the shop and win them in duels.

Still, if appropriate, could you merge my post with that one please?

Message 8 of 51 (6,740 Views)

Hero
@missdeefying Done. Also changed the title a bit.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 51 (6,735 Views)

No variation in items for sale in magical realm

★ Novice

Platform:Mac
What is your current game version number? 1.56.55.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cool Kitchen Stuff Movie Hangout Stuff Romantic Garden Stuff Kids Room Stuff Get to work City living Cats & Dogs Seasons Get famous Island living Realm of magic Outdoor retreat Spa day Parenthood Jungle adventure Strangerville Backyard stuff Fitness stuff Toddler stuff Laundry day stuff My first pet stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try completing the collection of magical artefacts.
What happens when the bug occurs? I have visited the shops in the magical realm repeatedly (well over 50 times), and have yet to find more than eight different wands. The same wands will appear again and again. The same thing is true for broomsticks, but not for familiars.
What do you expect to see? I expect there to be variation in the wands and broomsticks on sale in the magical realm.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

As of now I have visited the shops in the magical realm well over 50 times, without seeing much variation. For wands, I have seen no recolours of any kind.  For broomsticks, I have some recolours, but there are also shapes of broomsticks I have yet to see at all. The same wands (and in part broomsticks) will appear in the items for sale again and again, making it impossible to complete the collection.

There is a lack of variation of artefacts collected after duelling and searching bookshelves as well. I have played with CC, never with mods, and have tested several saves. I had all familiars fairly quickly, and reached eight different wands within a few visits to the magical realm. The shops do rotate their items for sale, but never outside the very limited group of wands and broomsticks I have so far collected. 

Message 10 of 51 (6,709 Views)