Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] [ROM] Parent dies while YA at University

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, game and stuff packs, no mods
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a parent die while their YA is at University living on campus.
What happens when the bug occurs? Moodlet of "Sad due to death of parent" appears but no notifications or impending death or of the death itself. Also all household belongings and family members (feline in this case) are missing and old house is empty.
What do you expect to see? I would hope that a households estate would somehow get passed onto the living progeny no matter where they are located. It looks like when a YA goes to college that they become their own household and I did not get to play far enough to graduate Uni so I do not know if they normally would rejoin or start a new household. Either way, having everything including whatever inventory that was the YA's completely vanish is not acceptable. We do not get the option of having a day to "pack their things" after registering for Uni so everything stays home that is not already in their inventory.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, game and stuff packs, no mods
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a parent die while their YA is at University living on campus.
What happens when the bug occurs? Moodlet of "Sad due to death of parent" appears but no notifications or impending death or of the death itself. Also all household belongings and family members (feline in this case) are missing and old house is empty.
What do you expect to see? I would hope that a households estate would somehow get passed onto the living progeny no matter where they are located. It looks like when a YA goes to college that they become their own household and I did not get to play far enough to graduate Uni so I do not know if they normally would rejoin or start a new household. Either way, having everything including whatever inventory that was the YA's completely vanish is not acceptable. We do not get the option of having a day to "pack their things" after registering for Uni so everything stays home that is not already in their inventory.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 1 of 5 (1,977 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Parent dies while YA at University

Community Manager (retired)

I don't think this is technically a bug, this is by design and a very unfortunate edge case. I don't think Uni has anything to do with this issue, the same thing would happen if you had a residential household and moved the YA child into a separate house. 

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (1,894 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Newbie
Sorry about what looks like a double post. I was having problems submitting the form.
Message 2 of 5 (1,974 Views)

Hero
@the_vandalin You need to make sure to fill something in the comment field or the form messes up. You can remove the double by editing your post end remove the template that now shows in the comment field (probably twice) and post something else there.

As for the issue, I'm not sure this can be counted as a bug. I can see where you're coming from but at the end of the day, they are separate households and the parents at home behave like every other NPCs household you're not currently playing.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 5 (1,937 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

I don't think this is technically a bug, this is by design and a very unfortunate edge case. I don't think Uni has anything to do with this issue, the same thing would happen if you had a residential household and moved the YA child into a separate house. 

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 4 of 5 (1,895 Views)

Hero
@the_vandalin I think that you may also be facing this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Can-t-move-into-furnished-homes-as-value-is-0/m-p/5743394 which is an older bug with Sims dying.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (1,890 Views)