Re: Private Dwelling Lot Trait Doesn't Prevent Drop-Ins When Sim is Singing

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] Private Dwelling Lot Trait Doesn't Prevent Drop-Ins with Singing Sim

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Sim in an apartment with neighbors start singing when it isn't too late to be doing so. Make sure the apartment has the Private Dwelling lot trait.
What happens when the bug occurs? Despite the presence of the Private Dwelling lot trait, neighbors will still knock on the door and request entertainment if a Sim is singing. This also happens when singing in the shower.
What do you expect to see? Neighbors should not come over for entertainment when a Sim is singing if the Private Dwelling lot trait is present.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Reposting this due to changes in the forum.

Message 1 of 8 (2,687 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA Staff

Hi @Lorraine-Simmer

Private Dwelling trait will stop uninvited hangouts, among other interactions. However, it is not designed to prevent the "complain about noise" interaction.

Thank you for your report! 

View in thread

Message 8 of 8 (2,657 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

Did you retest it after the patch ? Not everything was in the notes 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (2,683 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Oh! I wasn't aware that there was a patch. It must have JUST dropped. Hold on, let me test.

Message 3 of 8 (2,678 Views)

Hero
yup, like 40 min ago :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (2,675 Views)

★★★ Guide

@crinrict

I think this was fixed! In fact, my Sim's neighbor didn't even drop in while she was singing WITHOUT the Private Dwelling lot trait. The neighbor still didn't come over when it was applied to the apartment.

Message 5 of 8 (2,688 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
Sounds good.

Let me know if it still happens when you play on. We can just mark this as fixed if you think it really is and leave the thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (2,659 Views)

★★★ Guide

@crinrict

Unfortunately, I think this needs to be reopened. I've been playing at 920 Medina Studios and Salim Benali WILL NOT stop bothering my Sim whenever she sings, even with the presence of the Private Dwelling lot trait.

Message 7 of 8 (2,633 Views)

EA Staff

Hi @Lorraine-Simmer

Private Dwelling trait will stop uninvited hangouts, among other interactions. However, it is not designed to prevent the "complain about noise" interaction.

Thank you for your report! 

Message 8 of 8 (2,658 Views)