[BY DESIGN] Pregnancy bump "pops" instead of growing smoothly

by pureedboot

Original Post

Re: [TO TEST] Pregnancy bump "pops" instead of growing smoothly

★★ Apprentice

Hi! I wrote slot 83 because that is the name of the save in the saves folder ("Slot_00000083.save"). In-game that save is named "Hadley116" though. Does that help you find it?

Message 11 of 17 (908 Views)

Hero

Yes, thanks.

I thought you meant Hadley83 :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 17 (900 Views)

Hero

I'm going to add this although I'm at this point unsure how it's supposed to be

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 17 (895 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Pregnancy bump "pops" instead of growing smoothly

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 14 of 17 (877 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

Hello,

I've been told that this is by design and has been this way since Sims 4 released.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 15 of 17 (4,088 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@SimQARobo so it is definitely intended for there to be absolutely NO gradual bump growth at all throughout the entirety of the pregnancy?

I'm a little lost since I've heard from other players that they do at least see SOME gradual growth between trimesters, excluding the sudden pop that happens after taking a pregnancy test. In my case there is none whatsoever. Just a sudden growth "jump" when the trimester moodlet switches over - similarly to Sims 2, but without any reaction from the Sim. 

Could you confirm that this is definitely by design?

Message 16 of 17 (800 Views)

EA Sims Team

@pureedboot

The team said that this is by design, yes.  However, skinnier Sims may experience a more dramatic pop due to how the system works.  Is your Sim skinnier than average?

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 17 of 17 (773 Views)