by SimQARobo

Original Post

[PS4] Pot Rack: Routing issues when stove/dishwasher

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.22
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Standard sims 4
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just happened one day and impacts the rest of my game play or lack thereof
What happens when the bug occurs? My sims just stopped being able to cook/eat. I can que up eating, cooking, cleaning from the fridge, microwave, stove but my sims automatically drop the command. They are all starving but can't cook/eat.
What do you expect to see? I'd like to be able to cook, clean and eat
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

My sims just stopped being able to cook/eat. I can que up eating, cooking, cleaning from the fridge, microwave, stove but my sims automatically drop the command. They are all starving but can't cook/eat.

Message 11 of 22 (2,076 Views)

Re: [PS4] Sims can't cook, eat or clean from microwave, fridge or stove

Hero
@justjeffsyl Do you have enough counter space ? Is there anything above the stove/oven like a pot rack or light ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 22 (2,068 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi,

Yes we have a lot of counter space and we do have a pot rack over the stove/oven but they were able to cook/eat when it was there before?

Would that impact the fridge and microwave? They aren't beside the stove/oven.

EDIT: moved the pot rack and it works! That seems ridiculous that such a simple thing meant I couldn't eat/cook from anywhere. THANKS!

Message 13 of 22 (2,022 Views)

Hero
@justjeffsyl It's a known issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-Pot-Rack-causes-routing-issues-when-trying-to-us...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 22 (2,014 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Pot Rack: Routing issues with stove/dishwasher

★★★★ Apprentice

Have also clicked 'me too'.  This has happened several times to me before I found out the pan rack is involved.  This is more than simmers putting the overhead racks in bad places.  There are 5 kitchens in the styled rooms that have some form of these racks.  5 kitchens, made and supplied by EA/Maxis, just begging for a problem.  I have had several such fails as described in these kitchens loaded straight into the house, no tinkering by me whatever.

It is high time our august devs/bug fixers woke up, smelled the coffee, and dealt with their lousy and sloppy coding!  These components should work properly right out of the box.

Message 15 of 22 (2,136 Views)
Highlighted

EA Sims Team

Hello.

I heard this is by design.  It's similar behavior to placing a chair or bed in front of the stove.  Although you can place the object there, it will block the stove.  The long pot rack is intended for tall- walled rooms.

There is a shorter pot rack that can be used for shorter-walled rooms.

And regarding the Maxis-created styled rooms with these racks, I don't think any of those racks block the stove in those rooms.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 16 of 22 (8,207 Views)

Hero
@SimQARobo Makes me sad cause it's not self-explanatory why it's not working. I think it would be better if we weren't to place it there but I guess that would be feedback :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 22 (2,073 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Placing extractor hoods and pot racks over the stove works in my game now. Previously I couldn't place short racks over the stove in rooms with normal height with the stove still being usable.

I'm not sure when this was fixed for me, I didn't try it out again before today. I'm on Windows, all packs installed, now with none deactivated. Never used mods or CC. Same savegame as when I first added to this thread.

Message 18 of 22 (2,018 Views)

Re: [BY DESIGN] Pot Rack: Routing issues with stove/dishwasher

★ Novice

I had problems finding a solution and thought I looked everywhere.  Nothing is out there to help with this issue, but I found this!  This is the complete result to the solution I was looking for and it took me several months and irritation giving up.  Today I did look with a better mind and glad I found this!  I hope this message can help others that are having the same issue.  Move or remove the POT RACK!

Message 19 of 22 (1,464 Views)

Unable to Cook- No CC no Mods

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Recent Update 1.96.397.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try and make food
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim cannot make food in her house. No custom content. No mods. Base game
What do you expect to see? I expect my sim to cook food and not stop in the middle .
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My sim cannot cook. I have no mods and no CC. This house is from the gallery. I've done bb.moveobjects and ive completely moved out of the house, Redone the kitchen as well. 

Message 20 of 22 (757 Views)