Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] Pot Rack: Routing issues with stove/dishwasher

[ Edited ]
Hero

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place a pot rack above the stove on low walls (or medium rack on middle walls or large rack on tall walls). You can't place it directly above the stove but a bit to the side (see pic below)
What happens when the bug occurs? When trying to cook something on the stove, the Sims gets a routing failure although the rack was placeble without using moveobjects
What do you expect to see? No routing issues if I'm allowed to place the object.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I can place the pot rack (middle size wall) with no issues. Moo is always off in my game.

PotRackPlaceable.jpg

When trying to cook something that involves the stove/oven, I get a routing issue.

OvenBlocked.jpg

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1 of 22 (6,831 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Pot Rack: Routing issues with stove/dishwasher

EA Sims Team

Hello.

I heard this is by design.  It's similar behavior to placing a chair or bed in front of the stove.  Although you can place the object there, it will block the stove.  The long pot rack is intended for tall- walled rooms.

There is a shorter pot rack that can be used for shorter-walled rooms.

And regarding the Maxis-created styled rooms with these racks, I don't think any of those racks block the stove in those rooms.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 16 of 22 (8,099 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Pot Rack causes routing issues when trying to use the stove

★★★★ Guide
Hitting the MeToo...if I ever do use a pot rack, I have to MOO it into a corner or something to avoid the routing issue. A shame, as I do like them in some kitchens.
Message 2 of 22 (6,719 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Pot Rack causes routing issues when trying to use the stove

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 22 (6,638 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Pot Rack causes routing issues when trying to use the stove

★ Guide

Same here.

I can only ever use the shorter version of both types of rack aswell as the extractor hoods unless I put them directly i the middle over a free standing island (or anywhere else that the sim wouldn't move through).

My sims can't interact with any item that has a rack or extractor over it, even if they are meant for the room height.

Message 4 of 22 (6,622 Views)

[NEEDS INPUT] Pot Rack causes routing issues when trying to use the dishwasher

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Get Famous, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get To Work, Vampires, and Luxury Party Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? My Sim lives in the Party Penthouse in San Myshuno. Maybe create a sim in that residence and try it out.
What happens when the bug occurs? It seems that the sims will ONLY use the bathroom sinks to wash the dishes, even though there is a sink AND a dishwasher in the kitchen. Even if there are dirty dishes in the kitchen, it will take the dishes to a bathroom and wash them. I've even selected the dishwasher and selected "LOAD DISHWASHER" and it still goes to a bathroom sink.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the sim wash dishes in the closest sink or use the dishwasher, especially if I explicitly tell it the use the dishwasher.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

It seems that the sims will ONLY use the bathroom sinks to wash the dishes, even though there is a sink AND a dishwasher in the kitchen. Even if there are dirty dishes in the kitchen, it will take the dishes to a bathroom and wash them. I've even selected the dishwasher and selected "LOAD DISHWASHER" and it still goes to a bathroom sink.

Message 5 of 22 (6,450 Views)

Re: My Sim won't use the Dishwasher

Hero
@sirsly2 Do you have anything on the counter above the dishwasher ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 22 (6,444 Views)

★ Novice

I don't have anything on the counter, but above the counter I have a rack of hanging pots & pans.

Message 7 of 22 (6,399 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@sirsly2 : That can cause that, too.
Message 8 of 22 (6,379 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@sirsly2 The pot rack does cause routing issues as here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-Pot-Rack-causes-routing-issues-when-trying-to-us...

I'll refrain from merging for now as that thread was for stoves. Might merge later

Merged

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 22 (6,355 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Pot Rack: Routing issues when stove/dishwasher

★★★★ Expert
@crinrict Well, that IS one of the lower-hanging racks. I always tend to put those over counters, not the stove. I use the ventilation hood over stoves. Plus I've noticed that ANY ceiling light over a dining table breaks the dishwasher for me.
Message 10 of 22 (6,297 Views)