Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] Porch/gazebo doesn’t count as outdoors

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.49.65.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, all game packs, luxury party, perfect patio, spooky, movie hangout, romantic garden, bowling night, toddler, laundry day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make a sim who loves outdoors, go outdoors under a roof
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim does not get the happy moodlet from being outdoors
What do you expect to see? Sim should get the happy moodlet from being outdoors
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

It’s possible this is by design, but I think it’s wack that being outside but with a roof over you counts as being inside. This includes: porches, gazebos, four columns holding up a roof. My sim who loves the outdoors isn’t getting the moodlet in these places. I like the idea of her eating outside every day, but sometimes it’s rainy, and I think being outside under a roof should still count as being outside, but it doesn’t.

Message 1 of 3 (858 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [UNSURE/A] Porch/gazebo doesn’t count as outdoors

EA Staff

Hi there!

As @PhireLPN  mentioned. This behaviour is as design. It will not count as outside if you have a "roof" above you.

Thanks for your report!

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (748 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Apprentice

Yeah, I think this is by design because a roof will also allow you to grow plants out of season because they're "sheltered". I feel like you should get credit for being outside but I've never had it happen for any of my sims and I have a lot of them who love the outdoors.

Message 2 of 3 (792 Views)

EA Staff

Hi there!

As @PhireLPN  mentioned. This behaviour is as design. It will not count as outside if you have a "roof" above you.

Thanks for your report!

Message 3 of 3 (749 Views)