[BY DESIGN] Plants don't look harvested and no max harvestables

by SergeSim

Original Post

Re: [BY DESIGN] Plants don't look harvested and no max harvestables

★★ Guide

So it's by design that plasma trees for example only show 3 fruit on the tree and that's all you also can harvest?  

Message 11 of 15 (510 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@SisterGloomyUnfortunately so. It was greatly reduced when the Seasons pack came out. I was upset for quite a while.

I was growing Dragonfruit and making $2500 a plant every day of the year. Then Seasons came out and suddenly I was making $500 a plant only 1 week a year.

Ended up just having to make a greenhouse and planting more plants.

I tried many times to write a mod to bring it back the way it was... but I never could figure it out. I don't think it's in the tuning files.

Message 12 of 15 (501 Views)

★★ Guide
@Psychotps Ok thanks. Yeah it really sucks to be honest. Never seen a plasma tree with more than 3 fruits in my game. I started my world before seasons so the wild plasma trees in forgotten hollow still have 10 on them. And I remember I could plant trees and also get 10 before seasons.
Do you know why they even changed this? Seems like a bug they just don't care to fix. Cause why would they cap everything by purpose when they designed plants to carry more fruit? Seems weird to me.
Message 13 of 15 (433 Views)

Re: Plasma trees etc with only 3 fruits

★★ Guide
@crinrict Ok thanks. But to me it seems like it's a bug. Cause I don't see why they would design plants like the plasma tree to be able to carry 10 fruit and then just cap it to 3.
Message 14 of 15 (442 Views)

Re: Fewer harvestables after Seasons install

★★★★ Novice
@SimQARobo Even when planted in a greenhouse, pollinated by bees and well cared for by citizens, the plant still failed to produce 10 fruits.

I'm pretty sure it's not a design constraint, because when you move a plant inside the building mode, the number of fruits hanging on the plant immediately becomes 10.

But if you don't move plants around to refresh the fruit, even if you meet all the requirements of the season, the greenhouse, the pollination, the careful care of the citizens and so on, the fruit will never have 10.

《植物收获存在严重问题》

即使是种植再温室内,蜜蜂授粉和市民的精心照料,植物仍然无法收获10个果实。

我很确定这不是设计的约束,因为进入建筑模式内移动植物,挂在植物上的果实会立刻变为10个。

但是如果你不靠移动植物来刷新果实,即使你同时满足了季节、温室、授粉、市民的精心照料等各种条件,果实永远不会有10个。

This is definitely not a design problem. Why design plants that move to produce more fruit out of thin air? Obviously, this is not a design. Plant systems have been in disarray since season system renewal. This problem has existed for a long time, and it should be paid attention to.

这绝对不是设计问题,为什么要设计植物移动后凭空多出几颗果子呢?显然这不是一个设计,植物系统在季节系统更新之后就一直乱七八糟的,这个问题已经存在很久了,它应当受到重视。

I don't think these two phenomena should be treated separately. This is a problem. I admit and believe that after the plant system is updated, plants have different yields according to different conditions. I have seen the second post you mentioned. I have tried several possibilities of affecting output mentioned by official staff in the post. The above also mentioned that even if it meets the seasonal, pollination, greenhouse and good care of citizens at the same time, plants will not produce 10 fruits or flowers. I think it is a certain error in the system that causes the plants that have received various good care to fail to display 10 harvests normally, but the plants that have been moved are equivalent to being reset and refreshed, because the plants meet the corresponding conditions and display 10 harvests normally after refreshing.

我不认为这两个现象应该被分开看待,这是一个问题。我承认并且也相信,在植物系统更新后,植物根据条件不同有了不同的产量,您所说的第二个帖子我看到过,官方工作人员在帖子中说的几种影响产出的可能性我都有尝试过,上文也提到了即使同时满足应季、授粉、温室、受到市民良好的照料,植物也不会结出10个果实或者花朵。我认为正是系统中出现了某种错误才导致受到了各种良好照料的植物无法正常显示10个收获物,但是植物被移动后等同于被重置刷新了,因为植物满足了相应条件在刷新后才正常显示了10个收获物。
Message 15 of 15 (255 Views)