Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] Plants don't look harvested and no max harvestables

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Português
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All, including seasons.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to get some snapdragons, roses or any wild plants after a few days of growth in the world (I've tested in Willow Creek) and you'll see that they never generate 10 harvestables, and the most times when you pick them up, they still look as they weren't harvested.
What happens when the bug occurs? Plants never generate max harvestables and wild plants keep looking with harvestables right after being harvested.
What do you expect to see? Plants producing till 10 units and wild plants look properly emptied when harvested.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After Seasons Installation

flower.jpgRoses look still there after being harvested 

Message 1 of 15 (3,449 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Fewer harvestables after Seasons install

EA Sims Team

Hello.

I've been told that with the changes to gardening in the June 2018 patch, in most cases 10 harvestables should be rare.  Most plants should yield around 5, with more or less harvestables based on several factors such as whether the plant is in season, whether it's been adequately tended to, whether bees have pollinated it, etc.

Regarding plants still looking like they have harvestables even after they've been harvested, we have not been able to reproduce this.  If anyone is still seeing this, any additional information or save files would be appreciated.  Info on how to send save files is here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 8 of 15 (2,872 Views)

All Replies

Re: [TO TEST] Wild plants don't look harvested and no max harvestables

[ Edited ]
Hero

Seems others see this as well.

Adding my twitter feed on this

https://twitter.com/crinrict/status/1011554386219290624

Also added to list

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 15 (3,294 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Wild plants don't look harvested and no max harvestables

★★★★★ Novice
Posted on twitter, but posting here as well for troubleshooting reference:

Had this happen yesterday in Oasis Springs, during summer, with a sage bush on an adjacent lot to my sims' household. Looks like it's ready to harvest, but can't. (Managed to get it ONCE after I moved in, but not since)
Message 3 of 15 (3,276 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Wild plants don't look harvested and no max harvestables

★★★ Newbie

I've actually also had this problem with my own plants.  I've left them for days (during the appropriate season) and they never get to 10 harvestables.  Each plant seems to get stuck at a different amount though... 4, 6.  

I have no mods installed (never have).  These are plants that already existed in a game I was playing before seasons came out.  I haven't tested it with new ones yet.

Message 4 of 15 (3,257 Views)

Fewer harvestables after Seasons install

★★★ Apprentice

Which language are you playing the game in? English
What is your current game version number? 1.46.18.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, cats and dogs, first pet stuff, parenting, vintage glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Wait for crops to be harvestable
What happens when the bug occurs? Honestly I'm not sure if this is a bug or by design! I have a sim with a big garden and 9 gardening skill. It's currently summer and it has been very hot. Her plants (all of varying age and quality) don't seem to produce the full 10 harvest. I've seen everything from 3-8. Leaving them for several days doesn't increase the harvest.
What do you expect to see? The full harvest of 10.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installation of Seasons

Is this a bug, or does harvest increase with different weather conditions/skill/plant quality? I've seen other posts on the subject but no answers.

Message 5 of 15 (3,117 Views)

Hero

@asthehind

I've merged this with existing thread and changing the title to all plants.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 15 (3,099 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

I'm having a similar issue on game version 1.46.18.1020 after Seasons installation. I have all the expansion packs, but not all stuff packs. I've been playing a save in Oasis Springs for about a week. The only plant I've seen with a full 10 harvestables has been wild daisy plants. Other wild plants are stuck at various quantities, e.g., 6 strawberries. My sim planted carrots, garlic, sage and lemons and all max out at 5 harvestables after a full sim week. I included a screenshot showing my sage plants at only 5 harvestables. Should've been 10 days ago.

Message 7 of 15 (3,029 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello.

I've been told that with the changes to gardening in the June 2018 patch, in most cases 10 harvestables should be rare.  Most plants should yield around 5, with more or less harvestables based on several factors such as whether the plant is in season, whether it's been adequately tended to, whether bees have pollinated it, etc.

Regarding plants still looking like they have harvestables even after they've been harvested, we have not been able to reproduce this.  If anyone is still seeing this, any additional information or save files would be appreciated.  Info on how to send save files is here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 8 of 15 (2,873 Views)

Plasma trees etc with only 3 fruits

★★ Guide

Which language are you playing the game in? English
What is your current game version number? 1.55
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start a new world in spring, move into forgotten hollow, wait for plants to grow in the neighbourhood.
What happens when the bug occurs? Plasma tree etc only produce 3 fruits
What do you expect to see? More fruit like before
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

On my old save the wild plasma trees and wild wolfsbanes all have much fruit/flowers. But after some update after the vampire expansion the ones you plant only produce 3.

Made a new save, new family, no mods etc and the wild plants now also only produce 3. 

Not sure if it's only plants from the vampire expansion or if it concerns all plants, but I think it does. Cause all my plants have very little fruit etc on them.

Message 9 of 15 (2,632 Views)

Re: Plasma trees etc with only 3 fruits

Hero
@SisterGloomy Seems this was changed a while ago according to SimQARobo in this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/BY-DESIGN-Plants-don-t-look-harvested-and-no-max-harvestables/...

3 doesn't seem like a lot though so I'll try to find out if this is also by design

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 15 (2,623 Views)