Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] Pack sort in Gallery Not Working

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.90.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Cats and Dogs, Vampires, Dine Out, Spooky Stuff, Free Holiday Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to the gallery and select sort by specific packs
What happens when the bug occurs? When I choose to sort by specific packs on the Gallery, some items are removed, however, others are still there with packs I did not include.
What do you expect to see? I expect to only see items with the packs I have selected in them
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

When I choose to sort by specific packs on the Gallery, some items are removed, however, others are still there with packs I did not include. Does this happen to anyone else or just me?

Message 1 of 31 (3,534 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [BY DESIGN] Pack sort in Gallery Not Working

[ Edited ]
Hero

HI @cursdgamerchild

this is by design

The filters are exclusive and not inclusive (which is a bit weird but not a bug)

Need to find the other thread on that to merge later.

Please use this thread if you have further feedback on the issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/BY-DESIGN-Filters-for-packs-not-working-in-the... (make sure to also me too the post if you are bothered by it and want it changed)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 31 (3,472 Views)

All Replies

Re: [BY DESIGN] Pack sort in Gallery Not Working

[ Edited ]
Hero

HI @cursdgamerchild

this is by design

The filters are exclusive and not inclusive (which is a bit weird but not a bug)

Need to find the other thread on that to merge later.

Please use this thread if you have further feedback on the issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/BY-DESIGN-Filters-for-packs-not-working-in-the... (make sure to also me too the post if you are bothered by it and want it changed)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 31 (3,473 Views)

"Owned" gallery filter does nothing

★★★★★ Novice

What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Famous, City Living, Dine Out, Bowling Night Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Kids Room Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open the gallery and use the "Owned" pack filter.
What happens when the bug occurs? Using the gallery "Owned" pack filter doesn't exclude content that uses pack items the player doesn't own.
What do you expect to see? The gallery "Owned" pack filter to exclude items that use content the player doesn't own.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I would like to browse the gallery and quickly find items that only uses content from packs I own. The "Owned" pack filter seems like it should accomplish exactly that, but currently it doesn't.

This must be a bug, because without the ability to use the gallery's "Owned" pack filter to exclude lots/items that use content I don't own, why use it? Browsing the gallery without any filter produces essentially the same results. 

Message 3 of 31 (3,454 Views)

Re: "Owned" gallery filter does nothing

Hero

Hi @Patchezs 

I merged your post with existing thread.

This is by design as the filters work a bit unexpected (see my post above)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 31 (3,436 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Hi crinrict,

Thanks for the feedback.

That's just outrageous.

When is EA/Maxis going to make exclusive filters for the gallery? In their current state they're not at all practical or useful for players.
Message 5 of 31 (3,418 Views)

Hero

Seems not many people are too upset about it.

I suggest to make a thread in the officials forum (https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-feedback). It's been like that since 2014 and I've only seen a handful of reports for this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 31 (3,404 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Looks like there's already a thread in that exact forum: https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/923665/the-gallerys-filters-should-actually-filter-conte...

It looks like it's also come up elsewhere on the forum: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/947501/could-someone-explain-how-the-gallery-filters-wor...

I can't really find any examples of any players defending this design choice. I still honestly can't figure out what the point of the filters are given the current setup.

Don't get me wrong, I believe you that it's a design choice. It's just an extremely player-unfriendly one that I suspect is motivated by a desire to sell more packs than help players find items in the gallery, and that's really frustrating.
Message 7 of 31 (3,389 Views)

Hero
I'm on the same page with you.

I find it weird as well and would expect it otherwise.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 31 (3,375 Views)

show owned

★★ Novice

What is your current game version number? 1.54.120.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get To Work. Game Packs: Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day. Stuff Packs: Laundry Day, Bowling Night, Kids Room.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? - Open gallery - Go to advanced - Change 'Show All' to 'Show Owned'
What happens when the bug occurs? I see the households, lots and rooms that use all kinds of expansion, game and stuff packs I don't own and ones I do own.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see households, lots and rooms that use only the expansion, game and stuff packs that I do own.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

It happens every time, back when I did have Custom Content and now whilst I don't have Custom Content.

If this is how it is designed to go, I think it is rather annoying, I'm trying to specifically search for households, lots and rooms that I can use completely, yet what I get it stuff that will get deleted if I place it down.

Message 9 of 31 (3,293 Views)

Re: show owned

Hero
@Biomut3tje The filter is a bit illogical (see my answer above).

It's basically if the lot uses anything of any pack you own, it will show.

It's unfortunately by design.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 31 (3,280 Views)