Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] [PS4] Holiday item folder missing

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Base 1.18.49.3400
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Life, island, get to work, seasons, vampire, dineout, vintage stuff patio and backyard stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know. The holiday item folder suddenly has disappeared from the build mode. Usually it appears under the storage items, when you search by function. If a holiday comes up around 10 the previous day a pop up appears saying "holiday objects"and I am able to click on it. This takes me to that holiday items folder. But it's only for a few seconds that pop up stands. After the pop up goes I go into build mode the holiday item is not there
What happens when the bug occurs? I don't know. The holiday item folder suddenly has disappeared from the build mode. Usually it appears under the storage items, when you search by function. If a holiday comes up around 10 the previous day a pop up appears saying "holiday objects"and I am able to click on it. This takes me to that holiday items folder. But it's only for a few seconds that pop up stands. After the pop up goes I go into build mode the holiday item is not there
What do you expect to see? I want to be able to find holiday items folder as it used to. It has to re appear.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Base 1.18.49.3400
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Life, island, get to work, seasons, vampire, dineout, vintage stuff patio and backyard stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know. The holiday item folder suddenly has disappeared from the build mode. Usually it appears under the storage items, when you search by function. If a holiday comes up around 10 the previous day a pop up appears saying "holiday objects"and I am able to click on it. This takes me to that holiday items folder. But it's only for a few seconds that pop up stands. After the pop up goes I go into build mode the holiday item is not there
What happens when the bug occurs? I don't know. The holiday item folder suddenly has disappeared from the build mode. Usually it appears under the storage items, when you search by function. If a holiday comes up around 10 the previous day a pop up appears saying "holiday objects"and I am able to click on it. This takes me to that holiday items folder. But it's only for a few seconds that pop up stands. After the pop up goes I go into build mode the holiday item is not there
What do you expect to see? I want to be able to find holiday items folder as it used to. It has to re appear.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 1 of 6 (1,728 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [PS4] Holiday item folder missing

Community Manager (retired)

The Holiday Items sort is only supposed to appear when you click on that pop-up, I can confirm this is how it has always worked, I just loaded up the June 2018 Patch (when Seasons was released) and it's the same. You can still use the text search for "holiday" and find every item, at any time. 

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (1,509 Views)

All Replies

Re: Holiday item folder missing

★★★★★ Guide

I've noticed this too. However, in my game, the Holiday Items list appears in build mode one day before and on the day of any holiday. I can't see it the rest of the time.

Message 2 of 6 (1,699 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@mayagaj I tested this on PC and there the menu is there on the holiday itself. If that's not the case on console, then something is probably broken.

Will add this to the console list on the next round.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 6 (1,673 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have noticed the same thing recently in my game. The only way to access "Holiday Items" is when you get the pop-up the day before a Holiday or by searching for a specific item. Otherwise you can't choose the Holiday Items on regular days.

Message 4 of 6 (1,594 Views)

★ Guide
I've seen the same as @CeissaDesiste, but only sometimes, and I'm playing on PC not console. If I miss the pop-up, I can sometimes find the Holiday Items in build menu, but sometimes it's just not there.
Message 5 of 6 (1,568 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

The Holiday Items sort is only supposed to appear when you click on that pop-up, I can confirm this is how it has always worked, I just loaded up the June 2018 Patch (when Seasons was released) and it's the same. You can still use the text search for "holiday" and find every item, at any time. 

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 6 of 6 (1,510 Views)