[BY DESIGN] [PPSP] Sims will not stay in the hot

by anthonydyer

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [PPSP] Sims will not stay in the hot

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@SimGuruNickI am still having this problem. I will admit it is better than in the past, although in this video, you will see the sim get in the hot tub, and after 20 sim minutes, he will find something else to do and get up and leave. In my opinion, sims should stay in the hot tub nearly indefinitely as they do in sims 2 and 3. See video here. https://1drv.ms/v/s!AsIm6tMVXjrwrjK_hnB2s8Qq3JvW

Message 11 of 22 (1,926 Views)

EA Sims Team

@anthonydyer 

Thank you for the video Standard smile

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 12 of 22 (1,888 Views)

★ Apprentice

Let me provide an update. As of today, sims will stay in the hot tub if their needs are all green. However, at the slightest hint of a needs need (such as hunger gets yellow) they will automatically get a "cook" or "eat" task (or bathroom for bladder need) and these tasks will relentlessly keep queuing. Thus, they will not stay in the hot tub.

I've also noticed a sim getting the same queuing issue for a dish that was left out. He kept wanting to clean it up.

Message 13 of 22 (1,840 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [PPSP] Sims will not stay in the hot

Hero (Retired)

This happens on PS4. I can direct my sim to get in the hot tub and they will, but there is no further interactions in the hot tub. My sims often will just get right back out and go do something else. The relax interaction does show up but it is quite delayed and I can't direct my sim to relax in the hot tub at all.

Message 14 of 22 (1,820 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@PoptartJuniper When I first got PPS I was kind of confused as to why I would even use the hot tubs because the Sims never stayed in them at all. They still don't. Often if I have Sims who were tired they will opt to take a nap in the hot tub rather than nap on couches or the beds.

Other than getting in and woohoo what else can Sims even do in hot tubs?
Message 15 of 22 (1,800 Views)

★ Apprentice

@Bearpal64  I think hot tubs are useful... they just need to work properly. And they could do a better job with improving sim needs. I remember in sims 3, I got social, fun, and hygiene out of it.

Message 16 of 22 (1,784 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

I believe this issue as being described is by design. It's true that in Sims 3 Sims could sit in the hot tub for hours, but that's not how it's ever worked for TS4.

The Get In interaction will leave the Sim in the chosen interaction until their Fun motive is full. Once their Fun motive is fulfilled via the user directed Get In, they are open to selecting a new interaction. Given that the Hot Tub is only a Fun value of 1, it is usually outscored by other objects. And if all motives are satisfied, the Sim will seek out something new for Fun.

In my own game, my Sim had maxed Fun and stayed in the hot tub for less than 1 Sim hour before getting out to play on the computer. If I tanked Fun, my Sim stayed in the hot tub for about 8 Sim hours before choosing a new action.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 17 of 22 (5,208 Views)

Sims won't stay in the hot tub

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Island Living, Seasons, Cats & Dogs,City Living, Parenthood, Spa Day.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Direct sim to get into hot tub.
What happens when the bug occurs? When sims get into hot tub they will sit down their get up and get out straight away every time.
What do you expect to see? Sims staying in hot tub for more than a second.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. June 2020 Patch.

• Sims will only stay in hot tub if directed to woohoo in hot tub.
  • will not sit and relax in hot tub.
  • another action will come up and they will get out straight away everytime.
Message 18 of 22 (1,743 Views)

Re: Sims won't stay in the hot tub

★★ Guide

This is a really old issue. What I normally do is get two sims to chat and they will stay. Other than that they will leave immediately after getting in. It’s very annoying.

Message 19 of 22 (1,710 Views)

Re: Sims won't stay in the hot tub

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have this annoying problem too. Chatting works but only if you can get two sims in the tub long enough to start a conversation. If you set a up TV nearby they will stay in and watch it, and it works with movies. Good for indoor tubs, not outdoors ones though.

Message 20 of 22 (1,680 Views)