Highlighted
Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] Ordering parts missing from computer

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every released pack installed
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Check to see if you can buy upgrade materials
What happens when the bug occurs? I cannot buy upgrade materials at all
What do you expect to see? The option to buy upgrade material
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I cannot buy upgrade materials at all. Every time I click on an option to buy them on my sims' computer, it lists everything (pretty much I think), but the upgrade materials

Message 1 of 13 (3,766 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Ordering parts missing from computer

Champion

This might be just the intentional way it works.

As far as I can see in the tuning files, the restrictions for whether or not it appear include:

1) your sim must be at least level 2 in handiness skill

2) your sim must OWN the computer they are trying to order it from

This means public computers at the library wouldn't work, but computers at your home while your sim bought or at a owned business your sim bought will work. Or possibly if you have the portable laptop and took it to a library, that would work because you own it.

The purchase medicine also used to work this way too, before they removed the "you must own the computer" restriction. You'd have to ask the developers why there's the difference. Maybe because they think you wouldn't normally be away from your home ordering parts to upgrade stuff that isn't at your home? I know now with the new off-the-grid lot trait, you might need this restriction gone, so that you can order parts from a public place.

View in thread

Message 6 of 13 (3,634 Views)

All Replies

Re: I cannot buy any upgrade materials from my sims' computer at all

Hero
@thisiseleanorrr Is the computer upgraded ? There used to be a issue with this but it was fixed.

It does still seem to happen for random items though. Are you missing any other things for ordering ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 13 (3,688 Views)

★ Pro

Have same issue using the library computers, can see no option to order upgrade parts. Came to library to order upgrade parts and seeds but computer has no option to.

Message 3 of 13 (3,682 Views)

Hero
@loyabe I can confirm the library.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 13 (3,677 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrictthisiseleanorrr I had this issue too. Tried buying more computers or replacing old one - still no option to buy upgrade parts. I eventually traveled to their business lot which also had a computer, and on that one it worked so I bought upgrade parts. Thankfully, it began working on the home computer too, after that.
Message 5 of 13 (3,654 Views)

Champion

This might be just the intentional way it works.

As far as I can see in the tuning files, the restrictions for whether or not it appear include:

1) your sim must be at least level 2 in handiness skill

2) your sim must OWN the computer they are trying to order it from

This means public computers at the library wouldn't work, but computers at your home while your sim bought or at a owned business your sim bought will work. Or possibly if you have the portable laptop and took it to a library, that would work because you own it.

The purchase medicine also used to work this way too, before they removed the "you must own the computer" restriction. You'd have to ask the developers why there's the difference. Maybe because they think you wouldn't normally be away from your home ordering parts to upgrade stuff that isn't at your home? I know now with the new off-the-grid lot trait, you might need this restriction gone, so that you can order parts from a public place.

Message 6 of 13 (3,635 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

That's good to know. Although not very helpful for my Sim, who is Living of the Grid. Back to kicking over the bin and hoping for more plumbing parts. Will also buy a laptop and give that a try.

Update:  Laptop at the library worked, took both cheap and expensive for testing purposes. Both worked. Thank you again, that info on owned PC was very helpful. 

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 7 of 13 (3,620 Views)

Re: [BY DESIGN] Ordering parts missing from computer

Hero
@thisiseleanorrr Going to mark this as by design for now until I hear back that it's neither of the issues outlined by @simvasion

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 13 (3,587 Views)

No longer Tuning-Tiles to ordner on PC?

★ Guide

Product: Die Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? try to order tuningtiles on computer
What happens when the bug occurs? no option to ordner tuningtiles on computer is shown
What do you expect to see? option to order tuningtiles on computer
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

look abov, shortly befor the new pack island life, I have had no problems to order tuningtiles on pc

Message 9 of 13 (3,475 Views)

Re: No longer Tuning-Tiles to ordner on PC?

★ Guide

Ok, just figured out what the problem is. My household is off the grid. And the PC in the beach bar for the computer work of the conservationist career does not help the Sim in the ordering of tuning parts. Well, so without electricity in the home, something is not more. Who would have thought that.

Message 10 of 13 (3,452 Views)