Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] Off-Grid-Living: Sims can only cook grilled cheese and eggs & toast

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to an off-grid lot. Buy a stove that works off-grid. Try to cook with gas.
What happens when the bug occurs? Cannot cook anything with gas besides grilled cheese and eggs and toast.
What do you expect to see? Should be able to cook anything off-grid with gas that can be cooked on a stovetop (i.e. mac and cheese, spaghetti, BLT, french toast, etc.).
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Island Living

Message 1 of 11 (7,916 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [UNSURE] Off-Grid-Living: Sims can only cook grilled cheese and eggs & t

Community Manager (retired)

Part of the design was for the stoves to have a small amount of recipes available. The design doc I'm looking at doesn't specify what recipes should be available vs. what shouldn't, but this sounds more like design feedback to me, and not an actual bug. 

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 7 of 11 (7,811 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sims can only cook grilled cheese and eggs & toast off-grid

★ Guide

Might be a stupid question but what skill level is your sim in cooking?

Message 2 of 11 (7,879 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

6. On a regular lot she can cook a bunch of things but on off-grid lots only those two.

Message 3 of 11 (7,875 Views)

★ Pro

I think this in intended as just a couple of quick cook meals, but it is disappointing they are only 1 serving meals. Hardly seems worth it.
Do not attempt any of the stall learnt meals as why they all show as cookable, they are not.   

Message 4 of 11 (7,870 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Side note, I also feel like the OTG stove with logs underneath should have the ability to use the actual oven as well, not just the stovetop.

Message 5 of 11 (7,863 Views)

★ Pro

The stove does look use able but its not, besides the 2 single portion recipes at the start. Even the outdoor retreat herbal recipes do not work even though they show they do, its the same stove as in the hermits house.

Message 6 of 11 (7,848 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Part of the design was for the stoves to have a small amount of recipes available. The design doc I'm looking at doesn't specify what recipes should be available vs. what shouldn't, but this sounds more like design feedback to me, and not an actual bug. 

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 7 of 11 (7,812 Views)

Re: [BY DESIGN] Off-Grid-Living: Sims can only cook grilled cheese and eggs &

Hero
@upomo Please use this thread if you want to give feedback about this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/SUGGESTIONS-Off-the-Grid-lot-trait/td-p/7970127/jump-to/f...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 11 (7,804 Views)

Re: [BY DESIGN] Off-Grid-Living: Sims can only cook grilled cheese and eggs &amp

★★ Pro

Hi, @goldenrosegames , @loyabe  & @chalila   just a quick note that you can cook much more on Grills, in Off the Grid mode.. js, there is also a jazzy looking 'grill/stove' mod/cc made by Simish Kitsch viaTumblr.. Description >>

Spoiler

I’ve discovered that the secret to cooking off the grid is grills, but I wanted some that looked like they fit in a kitchen. So I modified three EA ovens to function as grills! 

• base game compatible
  • all the swatches of the original items
  • the Auld Crow stove is modeled after an old coal stove, the Classic Modern stove has a charcoal grill top, and the Pancake Pro stove has a gas grill top
  • I cloned a grill without a lid, so there shouldn’t be extraneous animations
  • let me know if there are any issues!
  • how did I not know you could cook so much on a grill

I also made a quick override of the fridge to match the middle stove to work off the grid (for the limited definition of work that any fridge does off the grid) if you want your kitchen to match; Jungle Adventure is required (only for the fridge)

I haven't yet played off the grid, but was looking forward to it, so these posts got my attention, Star thanks for the warning, am off in search of other mods now.. Teeth bared  Large smile

Sasha

I have no connection to EA

Message 9 of 11 (7,699 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Thank you, I’ll post in the feedback thread Standard smile 

Message 10 of 11 (7,657 Views)