Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] Objects Stuck at the Height of Last Thing They Stood On

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Svenska
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs, Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood, Jungle Adventures, Strangerville, Realm of Magic, Luxury Party Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Holiday Celebration Pack, Grim's Ghoulish Guitar.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? See below.
What happens when the bug occurs? See below.
What do you expect to see? That objects can be put back on the floor.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

1. Place a small object on the floor, just to make sure that the object can stand on the floor.

2020-03-04_14-43-57.png

2. Put the object on top of a surface-object, for example a table or shelf.

2020-03-04_14-44-04.png

3. Try to put the object on the floor again. The object can only be put mid-air, at the same height as the surface-object it stood on.

2020-03-04_14-44-22.png

4. Put the object on a surface-object of another height than the first surface-object.

2020-03-04_14-45-01.png

5. Try to put the object on the ground. Now it hovers at the height of the second surface-object.

2020-03-04_14-45-29.png

6. It's possible to put the object on any surface of any height, but it can't be put on the floor after being on top of a surface-object.

2020-03-04_14-44-56.png

Message 1 of 6 (667 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Objects Stuck at the Height of Last Thing They Stood On

Community Manager (retired)

I just loaded up an older version of the game (The EP03 Patch which came out October 2016) and it works the same way. I'm guessing it's always worked this way and is by design. You can use the 9 and 0 keys to raise/lower the object. 

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (562 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@SqueamishNerd Are you using Moo? I can't duplicate this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (659 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@crinrict Oh, I really thought that I had tried this with MO off, but I must've had MO on because now when it's off it works as it should. Thanks, that was easily fixed! Though I haven't met this until recently, just a week or so, and I almost always use MO on.
Message 3 of 6 (651 Views)

Hero
@SqueamishNerd Can't say if it's a bug or not as I never use moo myself (or build for that matter).

I'll go ask around.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (649 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@SqueamishNerd: I've started using MOO recently, and I did notice this!

I've also seen that on people's Twitch and YouTube streams/videos when they're cluttering surfaces. They often move the surface out from under the stuff (which stays floating) and back again while doing it. I've also seen at least one person use a special CC OMSP shelf to clutter surfaces, and the same may hold true there, since you need to use MOO with it for it to work properly.

Message 5 of 6 (579 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

I just loaded up an older version of the game (The EP03 Patch which came out October 2016) and it works the same way. I'm guessing it's always worked this way and is by design. You can use the 9 and 0 keys to raise/lower the object. 

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 6 of 6 (563 Views)