Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] Not Learning Dishes from Festival Samples

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.15
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get to Work, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Toddler Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Kids Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to the Spice Festival, sample foods at the sample table.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims don't learn city dishes from samples, only if they eat the whole dish.
What do you expect to see? Learning recipes from samples
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have been unable to learn dishes from samples. I am unsure if this is by design, but I have read that you are supposed to learn from the samples. 

Message 1 of 8 (910 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [PS4] Not Learning Dishes from Festival Samples

Community Manager (retired)

I'm looking through the design docs and I'm not seeing anything about Spice Festival samples teaching dishes. I agree that this issue seems to be by design.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 7 of 8 (777 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

You can only learn dishes from grabing the whole plate and not just a sample, and you must be the proper skill for that dish to make.

Edit: It works the same as the food stands, also keep in mind the spice festival food on the table is a contest and you won't learn the food from entering the contest.

Message 2 of 8 (873 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

HI @PoptartJuniper 

I also don't think this is a bug. There might even be a thread for PC around somewhere where it was deemed by design but I'm trying to get some info.

Usually they learn it if you've eaten the whole portion so since the the sample is not a full portion, they can't learn it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 8 (857 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@crinrict, There is only one festival that offers sample dishes and that is the Spice festival, My sims don't learn from samples, but do learn if you get a plate and your skill is high enough to make that dish. If your skill is not high enough your get a popup says so and so has failed to learn the dish, keep on working on the skill and come back later and try again.
Message 4 of 8 (842 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

You do not have to eat the whole dish, only the last bite. You can pick up random dishes NPC's have left, have your sim finish it and they will learn the dish. The samples are set up to be a one bite dish, so it seems like you should also be able to learn the dishes from the samples. 

Message 5 of 8 (834 Views)

Hero

@PoptartJuniper wrote:

You do not have to eat the whole dish, only the last bite. You can pick up random dishes NPC's have left, have your sim finish it and they will learn the dish. 

That actually sounds more like a bug to me than the samples not counting :D

I'll get back to you when I have some info.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (826 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

I'm looking through the design docs and I'm not seeing anything about Spice Festival samples teaching dishes. I agree that this issue seems to be by design.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 7 of 8 (778 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Ah, okay. The samples seem a little odd then if they don't help you learn the recipes without having to eat all the dishes.

Message 8 of 8 (737 Views)