Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] No automatic outfit changes

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go on a date / attend parties / et cetera
What happens when the bug occurs? My Sims never automatically change their outfit to fit the situation - aside from changing into work clothes.
What do you expect to see? My sims to change their outfits to fit the situation, like they used to.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My Sims never automatically change their outfit to fit the situation - aside from changing into work clothes. Am I the only one with this problem?

I removed all mods and repaired the game in Origin - didn't solve the problem.

Message 1 of 19 (5,682 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] No automatic outfit changes

EA Sims Team

Hello.

I just want to mention that Sims not wearing party clothing during Dance Parties is by design.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 18 of 19 (6,581 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Added 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 19 (5,512 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

the only time my active Sims change their clothes is after they shower/when they go outside the house to do whatever (from nightclothes into everyday outfits). also when they go jogging (first into everyday clothes, then into their sports outfits). they otherwise stay in their nightclothes, as opposed to The Sims 3, where they would automatically change after waking up, if i recall correctly? that's it.

(edit: NPCs, if woken up by the active Sim, will change into their everyday clothes.)

Message 3 of 19 (5,499 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello.

Is anyone still seeing this issue?  If so,can you please provide more details as to what the Sim is doing?

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 4 of 19 (5,366 Views)

Hero

Tagging @henchbot and @unseenlarks for this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 19 (5,279 Views)

★★ Expert
no change here. Sims will only change out of their nightclothes after they shower, or whenever they need to go outside (to take out the rubbish, hang up clothes, etc.).

when directed to go jogging, they will change into their everyday outfits as they walk out the house, *then* into their sports clothes, and back into the everyday outfit when they're done.
Message 6 of 19 (5,245 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
I don't know, since I've solely been editing worlds lately. Sorry!
Message 7 of 19 (5,231 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

Go an invitation via text from another sim asking if you want to go to the gym.

When arriving at the gym, the friend in your group who asked you to go is wearing their gym outfit, but your sim is still in everyday clothing. I thought I remembered back a while ago when I first got the game, that my sim would be automatically wearing a gym outfit when arriving at a situation like this.

Even in the game tuning XML files, it says that when your sim arrives for a role at a situational gym visit event they should be wearing appropriate gym outfits. But they don't.

Similar thing when I set up a wedding party and when I arrived, all the guests were in formalwear but my bride and groom were just wearing everyday clothes. I quit without saving because I wanted to take a few more pictures and reloaded just prior to the wedding and set the party up a second time, and this time the bride and groom were appropriately attired in wedding gown and tux.

So not sure if there's something buggy about their spawning in sometimes wearing outfits and other times not.

Same thing if I have a gym club set up and start a gathering at the gym, all the gym members will arrive wearing gym clothes, but my active sim will just be standing on the sidewalk in everyday clothes.

Also restaurant visits - when arriving at a restaurant with formal clothing required, I think the reverse happens where my active sims are wearing formal clothing automatically upon arrival, but the guests arrive in everyday outfits until you talk to the host and everyone gets forced into formalwear.

At nightclubs and parties, only NPC young adults will be wearing party clothing, but adult NPCs will still be wearing everyday clothing. I posted that one in the sims dressing weird bug thread back before they patched party outfits in to fix that, but only young adults were fixed, and not adults. When your active sim arrives, they will be in everyday outfit and not automatically be wearing party clothes.

-------------

Everything seems normal with them spinning into appropriate outfits for interactions though - like if they start a workout on a machine, they will put on their gym clothes. If they get in the shower, they get naked and then put back on clothes afterwards. If they go outside, they change out of their sleepwear. That's all normal.

Message 8 of 19 (5,217 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Okay so I played a little to see if it still happens and yes, I still have the same issue and it's exactly as @simvasion described.

For example: my sim goes to a pool with friends - they will be wearing swimwear while my sim is still wearing its everyday clothing.
Message 9 of 19 (5,211 Views)

★★ Expert
confirming what @simvasion and @henchbot report--NPCs do choose the right outfits on their own. that includes changing out of their sleepwear after waking up.
Message 10 of 19 (5,203 Views)