Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] No 'Wake up' interaction on sleeping/napping sims

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.45.62.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all the expansions/game/stuff packs except for bowling stuff, kid room stuff and toddler stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When a put a sim to sleep and need to wake them up im unable to select them, the option for 'wake up' is non existent, but when the command is manually closed out (i click on it to cncl it) the sim becomes selectable again
What happens when the bug occurs? A sim will go to sleep and become unselectable unless the /sleep/ command in the queue is closed out manually
What do you expect to see? the sim icon over the sim, to have them selectable
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I noticed the issue right after the patch that came out on the 31st of july i think it was

https://gyazo.com/4a8f1e389c5341edb14a0a8152895dd9

I have mods and scipting turned off

https://gyazo.com/a12dc0eb8a5dd621b733c5226b38f1fb

my sims in bed sleeping but i cant select her, only the bed around her and it only gives me thouse options, not one to wake up 

Message 1 of 16 (1,297 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: no 'Wake up' interaction on sleeping/napping sims

Hero

I don't think it was ever different. Don't think it's a bug. It's just not something you can do. You need another Sim to wake you up and if you don't have that, cancel the queue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 16 of 16 (1,516 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi @Tayelikel

I know I had the option when I was last in my game but I'm going to double-check later

For now, could you try repairing your game through Origin and delete the localthumbcache.package file found in documents\electronicarts\thesims4\

Could you also test a different household if they have the same issue.

Thank you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 16 (1,245 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I repaired the game, also took out the sims 4 folder, and opened up the game to 'restart' it and deleted the localthumbcache, i am still having the issue and the issue is happening with other houses as well

Message 3 of 16 (1,224 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @Tayelikel

I checked my game and I think from your picture, you're not clicking on the actual Sim but on the bed/soft.

Click on the head of the Sim instead of the body.

Sleep.jpgWakeUp.jpg

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 16 (1,211 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

thats what the issue is, i click on the head of the sim and there is no interaction avaible, that option to 'wake up' doesnt come up at all 

Message 5 of 16 (1,203 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
Could you also test a new save then ? Just for testing purposes to see if it's save game related or a general issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 16 (1,196 Views)

★★★★ Novice

ive done that to, opened up a new game with no save files and still had that issue

Message 7 of 16 (1,194 Views)

Hero
And that's the only interaction you have issues with or are there others not showing up ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 16 (1,162 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

So far thats all i noticed, everything else seems to be ok, which is why im wondering if its a patch issue

Message 9 of 16 (1,149 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Haven't seen any other reports. Will tag this as needs input for now to see if others are seeing this.

Don't think there's more troubleshooting we can do atm as you've done most things.

Only option I can think of at this point is creating a new windows user and start a brand new game there to see if you have the same issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 16 (1,134 Views)