Re: new job - instant money and career rewards bug

by BlackjackWidow

Original Post

Hero
OK. Wasn't sure then. So probably just as designed. Thanks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 17 (598 Views)

Hero

@larifari9023

were these new Sims you created and they were in the job or kids grown up with good grades ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 17 (597 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

yes, the sims were this happened actually had A grades(as kids and teens), the thing is that they didn't start at a higher career level but just received a bigger sum (as well as the career rewards) the instant they finish the action "find a job".

I tried recreating the bug with other sims (who were created as adults) and this didn't happen.

Message 13 of 17 (573 Views)

Hero

Marking this as by design then.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 14 of 17 (554 Views)

★★★ Novice

so this is normal behaviour?

Message 15 of 17 (516 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

If you have the connection trait or A+ teens, then yes although, they should start at level 3 as well, afaik.

Overlooked that part.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 17 (513 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@larifari9023 @crinrict - I was becoming a bit confused on how this all works, so I did some testing so we can all know for sure what is normal behavior. The final results were a bit different than some I had read around the internet, so I'm sharing in hopes this helps someone in the future. I will update the accepted solution to reflect my findings. 

For the grades testing, I used a sim child who was born in-game, had earned an A grade in grade school. Saved him to my library and then created a new household and game in order to test all of the variations of grade school/high school grades, connections traits or not, and item & cash rewards given or not. He had earned enough satisfaction points to buy connections traits, so on those test runs I didn't have to cheat anything in. I aged him via cake at all stages. I started out trying a couple of different jobs, but there was no difference in results, so for ease of tracking I went back and just used the Babysitter job for teen job and Astronaut career for adult job. Traits, other than Connections, made no difference either.

I also created a young adult in CAS and tested the same things with and without connections. Obviously, the YA would have no grades affecting anything.

What I found: 

Teen jobs: Levels are a direct result of grade school grades. If the teen had an A or B in grade school, he started a teen job at level 2 and received the cash reward. If he had a C,D or F in grade school, he started at level 1. Connections made no difference in the starting level for teen jobs; neither did high school grades.

Adult careers with No Connections: Direct result of high school grades; grade school grades had no impact on adult careers. If the Young Adult had an A in high school, he started the adult career at level 3 and received the cash and item rewards for those levels. If YA had a B in high school, he started the adult career at level 2 and received the cash and item rewards for those levels. If the YA had a C, D, or F in high school, he started his career at level 1 with no rewards.

Adult careers With Connections: Grades have no impact. YA started at level 4 and received the cash and item rewards for those levels. 

CAS created YA: Without Connections, started at level 1 with no rewards. With Connections, started at level 4 with cash and item rewards for those levels.

Here is a link to the testing results, if you'd like to see how I arrived at the conclusions. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AGUsiLsUBwWtmsBZF3xpkmUen7bPKlWthRl4c9NBJzQ/edit?usp=sharing... You can click on any of the top columns to filter the results and make more sense of them (for instance, click on the first "Connections" and check just "N" to see what to expect if there is no connections trait). I hope this helps to clear up the confusion. 

Message 17 of 17 (423 Views)