Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] New job - instant money and career rewards bug

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Together, City Living, Get to Work, Vampire
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? get a sim a new job
What happens when the bug occurs? Everytime a sim gets a new job, some 600-700 simoleons are instantly added to the household money and career rewards for 2nd and 3rd level are added to the inventory.
What do you expect to see? no instant money and no career rewards
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have not added new CC recently and it was working just fine before. Haven't played in a while so maybe some new update is responsible?

Message 1 of 17 (1,279 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: new job - instant money and career rewards bug

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@larifari9023 - does your sim have the "Connections" trait? A sim that has purchased the special trait from the rewards store will start a new career at the 4th level, so any rewards for the levels 1 - 3 will automatically be added to the household. 

Edit for more info: 

No Connections traits: High School A starts at level 3; High School B starts at level 2 (All cash and item rewards are received for the skipped levels). High School C, D and F or a CAS created adult all start at level 1. 

With Connections trait: Start at Level 4 (All cash and item rewards are received for the skipped levels), regardless of grades or CAS creation

Teen jobs: Grade School A or B starts at level 2 (with cash reward); Grade School C, D and F start at level 1

View in thread

Message 4 of 17 (1,244 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

I also have a couple of other bugs. Sims getting stuck at work/school. Sims looking heavily pregnant the second they get pregnant(only seen on one sim so far). Sims having the thirsty moodlet (from the vampire pack) even though they're not vampires(also only encountered once so far).

Message 2 of 17 (1,266 Views)

Hero

Hi @larifari9023

mods/cc can get outdated with patches. Sounds like you're using something that's no longer compatible with the game.

Have you tried this without any mods installed at all ?

All issues reported in the bug forum must be tested on a vanilla game with no mods/cc added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 17 (1,250 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@larifari9023 - does your sim have the "Connections" trait? A sim that has purchased the special trait from the rewards store will start a new career at the 4th level, so any rewards for the levels 1 - 3 will automatically be added to the household. 

Edit for more info: 

No Connections traits: High School A starts at level 3; High School B starts at level 2 (All cash and item rewards are received for the skipped levels). High School C, D and F or a CAS created adult all start at level 1. 

With Connections trait: Start at Level 4 (All cash and item rewards are received for the skipped levels), regardless of grades or CAS creation

Teen jobs: Grade School A or B starts at level 2 (with cash reward); Grade School C, D and F start at level 1

Message 4 of 17 (1,245 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

You wont' get instant money with that reward though ?

Good thinking though.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 17 (1,235 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@crinrict wrote:

Good thinking though.

Darn it! I thought if the reward for passing a level includes cash, you got the cash too. Back to your regularly scheduled bug squishing Standard smile

Message 6 of 17 (1,228 Views)

Hero
I'm actually not sure.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 17 (1,218 Views)

★★★ Novice

I thanks for your answer. I will try it without any mods today. No none of the sims had the connections trait.

Message 8 of 17 (1,208 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
I thought this was a bug too l, but I think this is because of how well the sim did in school. If the sim finished school with an A, I think they start their careers at level 3. B, level 2, C and D at level 1.
Message 9 of 17 (1,158 Views)

★★ Guide

@crinrict wrote:

Good thinking though.

Yes, if you have the connections reward trait or your sim grew up with an A (not too sure on B, my sims are always A students) they will start at a higher level and when they get their job, they will receive all cash rewards, bonus items, and advanced to level 3 for connection (I believe) and level 4 for grade A. 

Message 10 of 17 (1,133 Views)