Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] NPCs skipping school/work

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.44.88
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? not sure
What happens when the bug occurs? my child has gone to school at 8am as she should but there are neighbourhood NPC children roaming around during school hours
What do you expect to see? only adult sims wandering around during school hours
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

hey guys,

as mentioned above i have NPC children roaming around my neighbourhood during school hours. im not sure how long or when this started occuring as i started a whole new save file when seasons was released. ive tried searching for other instances or information regarding this and havent found anything 

Message 1 of 12 (3,003 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Re: Sims in other households won't go to work

EA Staff

Hello everyone!

I just wanted to let you know tha this is our intended design. 

Thank you for your feedback regarding this though, it is always appreciated! 

Happy Simming! :D

View in thread

Message 8 of 12 (2,834 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] NPC children skipping school

Hero
Adding this as needs input for now

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 12 (2,918 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Hasn't it always been that way, though (ditto for older Sims with jobs), or is it just me? Large smile Wondering

Message 3 of 12 (2,888 Views)

Hero
I think so too .. that's why I put it on needs input for now.

Not sure if it's a bug even.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 12 (2,868 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@crinrict: Yeah. I'll pay closer attention next time I play, though. Standard smile

Message 5 of 12 (2,852 Views)

Sims in other households won't go to work

★★★ Newbie

Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.45.62.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play a different household and see if people in other households you have created go to work/school without switching to them and telling them to do so.
What happens when the bug occurs? Your sims that are not in your current household will not go to work or school when they need to.
What do you expect to see? The sims will stay home until you switch to them and tell them to go to work or school.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It started happening after the most recent patch (PC 1.45.62.1020)

When I switch households, other sims in households that I have created will not go to work without me switching back to them and telling them to do so. Sims in the current household I am playing will go to work and school as they should.

Message 6 of 12 (2,841 Views)

Hero

Hi @smoughslayerng6

merged your post with similar report. Think it's essentially the same.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 12 (2,820 Views)
Highlighted

EA Staff

Hello everyone!

I just wanted to let you know tha this is our intended design. 

Thank you for your feedback regarding this though, it is always appreciated! 

Happy Simming! :D

Message 8 of 12 (2,835 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@SimGuruIcarus: Thanks for the clarification. Standard smile

It seemed like though when I was paying more attention to that, it seemed like I didn't see kids during school hours and stuff... (*SHRUG*)

I play with mods, though, so ignore my report. X-D

@smoughslayerng6: AFAIK, that doesn't hurt their performance, though.

Message 9 of 12 (2,770 Views)

Simlulation missing or wrong

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.93.146.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? bring home area to 100% green leave area to San M., stay there long go back to home see significant lost downto 50% in neutral! go to onsen after midnight see little childs without parents there go to public lots at any time and see people/schoolboys/girls, that should be at work/school Problem: where you dont need to simulate (eco level at home) you simulate wrong where you need to simulate (npc have no time off) you dont simulate work/school
What happens when the bug occurs? Eco level wrong i see people that should be at work/school i see children that should be at home or with parents
What do you expect to see? when eco level is full and there ist no mark that it will fall, it should be on this level even if i am not at home children should be at home or with parents after midnight people that are at school or work, should notz be in public lots when no timeoff /vacation
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Nothing more to say.

Ups, when i put newline on creating the bug in the textboxes, this newlines should be visible after submit!

Message 10 of 12 (1,136 Views)