[BY DESIGN] NPCs keep spawning on editing existing ones in household manager

by RaniaKpop

Original Post

Re: NPCs keep spawning

Community Manager (retired)

We've investigated this issue and I believe everything as described is by design. Sims are created as needed to fill any role that is needed. 

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 21 of 23 (4,381 Views)

Redecorated and renamed townies stop spawning, new townies are generated

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Unsure, but makeover a townie in cas with cas.fulleditmode on and give the sim a different name
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim stops spawning and new townies will take their place. The old ones still exists in the "manage households" folder, but won't roam the town.
What do you expect to see? That the sim i gave a makeover will show up and do the same activities that they usually do, like spawned vendors will keep spawning as a vendor and not be replaced by new ones.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I always give makeovers to newly spawned townies, especially when there's a new expansion or gamepack. I have given makovers to about thirty households spawned in Sulani after Island Living came out. Everytime I visit a communial lot in Sulani there are new townies spawning. Recently there spawned five new when visiting the Sand Bar. It didn't use to be like this before when I gave townies makeovers, they usually kept their role and could be seen on the town. Of the thirty households I've made over, only one spawns in the world regularly. I've always used the cheat cas.fulleditmode on when redecorating townies and I usually changed the names too. The only difference I can think of is that I've started to rename the household to *firstname* *lastname*, and I did have a reduced random townies mod that was out of date (which I've removed from my game). Perhaps this is just a usual thing that happens in the game, but it's so frustrating redecorating 20+ sims and they never show up again.

Message 22 of 23 (722 Views)

Re: Redecorated and renamed townies stop spawning, new townies are generated

Hero
@MintyFreshSims Merged your thread with existing thread. I'm surprised it worked for you before as you can see this issue is old and by design

Maybe a mod you have now removed prevented it ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 23 (710 Views)