Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] My sims have no whims whatsoever

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.49.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? play the game?
What happens when the bug occurs? My sims don't have any whims. Since the November update my sims don't have any whims. Already tried repairing, starting a new game and now I even reinstalled my game. Still no whims whatsoever
What do you expect to see? that my sims have whims
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. the patch of November 13

Message 1 of 18 (24,469 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: My sims have no whims whatsoever

Hero

Hi @DopeySims

this is not a bug.

They changed this so you can now turn them on and off in your options.

They are off by default

More info here: https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2018/11/sims-are-missing-their-whims/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 3 of 18 (24,439 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Sorry!

Don't know what happened that my message is displayed 4! times.

*edit* uhm make that 3!

Message 2 of 18 (24,452 Views)

Hero

Hi @DopeySims

this is not a bug.

They changed this so you can now turn them on and off in your options.

They are off by default

More info here: https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2018/11/sims-are-missing-their-whims/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 18 (24,440 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Thank you! 

I did not know that.

you're the best!

Message 4 of 18 (24,436 Views)

Thoughts bubbles are disappeared

★★ Novice

Platform:Mac
What is your current game version number? 1.47.49.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just playing
What happens when the bug occurs? The thoughts/goals bubbles don't appear anymore and the shadows don't work properly either. I'm not sure if it's related but the issue started to happen after the last update. I tried to uninstall/reinstall the game but it didn't work, the thoughts bubbles still not appear. Same for the shadows that still appear strange.
What do you expect to see? The thoughts/goals bubbles that give me a reward when doing the right action suggested by them. The shadows that have a proper shape.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

After the last update, the thoughts bubbles are completely gone. Also the shadows have not the proper shape and act oddly. I uninstall/reinstall the game, I tried to backup my savings and restart the game with no other previously game files, but these bugs still occur Frown

Message 5 of 18 (24,370 Views)

Re: Thoughts bubbles are disappeared

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @Irielyssa

merged your post with existing thread.

This is by design. You can now turn them on and off in your options.

As for shadows, check this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/READ-FIRST-Compiled-List-of-Build-Buy-Issues/td-p/6448814/jump... and if you don't find your issue, create a new thread.

Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 18 (24,359 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you for your answer. I didn't know that the "thoughts bubbles" were called whims, so I hadn't found similar threads. Sorry sorry

Message 7 of 18 (24,341 Views)

Hero

Not a problem.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 18 (24,334 Views)

Re: [BY DESIGN] My sims have no whims whatsoever

Hero
I'm temporarily adding this to the list until everyone knows how it works now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 18 (24,303 Views)

Sims 4 - Whims bug

★★★ Newbie

Platform:PC
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all expansions , game packs and first pet stuff, laundry and movie stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? when i play - sims not have whims (bubbles with some wishes)
What happens when the bug occurs? nothing Large smile they must be but not be here, and i cant get some points becouse dont have bubbles
What do you expect to see? eh.... i cant see... there isnt whims (and my game have czech language)
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

When i play get famous, its be here this bug, and i dont know how i can get points for my sims...

Message 10 of 18 (24,323 Views)