Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] [LDSP] Sims Keep Becoming Hysterical From Laundry

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.15
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get to Work, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Toddler Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Kids Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a decorated house, get married/have a baby/finish an excellent holiday. Anything that gives a strong happy moodlet, then put on warm clothes from the dryer. The sims will become "Very Playful" and frequently "Hysterical" depending on the buffs.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sims are constantly getting hysterical from dry and warm laundry. It's almost a death sentence to have a new marriage or baby, or excellent holiday and put on warm laundry. If you have a new baby/marriage and then have an excellent holiday on top of it, it's guaranteed hysterics from warm laundry.
What do you expect to see? My sim be able to have a decorated house, complete life events like marriage and baby and holiday's and not go into hysterics because they took a bath (happy buff) or had a good workout and put on warm and dry clothing.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I spend way to much time in front of the mirror calming down sims because of warm laundry. This sim doesn't even have the playful trait. The other sim in the house does have the playful trait and it's even worse with him because he is constantly getting hysterical from being playful, happy and then taking a bath or exercising and putting on warm laundry. It's too much. 

The sim in the image was just hysterical previous to the screenshot. He took a bath, then became hysterical.

Message 1 of 27 (4,221 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [UNSURE/A] [LDSP] Sims Keep Becoming Hysterical From Laundry

Community Manager (retired)

This is an intended feature. We already tuned down the strength of the playful buff shortly after the pack's release. We could potentially consider tuning it down some more if there were a lot of people having issues, but the general idea of receiving of a playful buff is by design.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 10 of 27 (4,027 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sims Keep Becoming Hysterical From Laundry

★★ Guide

This has been a problem since Laundry Day came out, and it really is annoying. Unfortunately, this is probably going to be moved to feedback because the playful Warm Clothing moodlet is by design. I definitely don't agree with the way it's handled, though. It's especially a problem because it's a +2 playful moodlet, and happy moodlets boost any playful moodlets. If they must keep this moodlet, then I'd at least tone it down to just +1 playful. Personally, though? I don't think the playful moodlet is necessary at all. Seriously, it's just laundry.

Message 2 of 27 (4,200 Views)

Hero (Retired)

On PS4 the playful is only +1 playful and they go into hysterics all the time. It's ridiculous.

Message 3 of 27 (4,198 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Really? Huh, maybe they did tone the moodlet down since the guide for the pack first came out? It used to be a +2 moodlet. This change clearly isn't helping matters, though, especially after Seasons came out, with good holidays providing really strong happy moodlets.

Message 4 of 27 (4,191 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Here's a screen of the playful buff. You can see the +1, but this sim only had a good holiday, not an excellent one. Otherwise she'd be "very playful" and if she did anything else or gained anymore buffs she'd be hysterical.

Message 5 of 27 (4,179 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@PoptartJuniper Adding Get Famous into this mix makes this even worse, especially if it's a celebrity home. The sim(s) will get the multi-plus moodlet and any hint of humor will send them into hysterics. I've lost several sim parents this way (luckily, most times Grim was a forgiving fellow and let them return, but not always. :/)
Message 6 of 27 (4,150 Views)

★★ Guide

So basically the playful emotion in general needs a serious overhaul. I think that increasing the threshold for the points it takes to become hysterical would help considerably.

Message 7 of 27 (4,143 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@The_Ratticator perhaps..it's funny though (ironically) for when I want to put a sim in a certain mood, it won't get there no matter what I do (w/o cheats). For instance, at a lampoon party, one of the main tasks is to get the vip guest into a hysterical mood -- my goodness, I about pulled my hair out trying to do that. Everyone else was playful to the hilt, but the target---SMH.
Ahh, this game sometimes. :D
Message 8 of 27 (4,102 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I never heard of nor had this problem before...but then I remembered I use some of LittleMsSam's Laundry mods, and one of them changes the moods of laundry buffs (in this case, from Playful to Happy). Large smile

Anyway, maybe an in-game option to let you officially disable Emotional Deaths (so a Mod isn't necessary) is in order? Wondering (I was actually thinking of that earlier today, long before I read this.)

Message 9 of 27 (4,072 Views)

Re: [UNSURE/A] [LDSP] Sims Keep Becoming Hysterical From Laundry

Community Manager (retired)

This is an intended feature. We already tuned down the strength of the playful buff shortly after the pack's release. We could potentially consider tuning it down some more if there were a lot of people having issues, but the general idea of receiving of a playful buff is by design.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 10 of 27 (4,028 Views)