Re: [UNSURE/A] [LDSP] Sims Keep Becoming Hysterical From Laundry

by PoptartJuniper

Original Post

Champion (Retired)

@SimGuruNick wrote:

This is an intended feature. We already tuned down the strength of the playful buff shortly after the pack's release. We could potentially consider tuning it down some more if there were a lot of people having issues, but the general idea of receiving of a playful buff is by design.

Playful is fine but hysterical can be deadly.  #DeathByLaundry Standard smile
I am amused by laundry creating a playful buff though I am happy it was toned down. The deadly part (by becoming hysterical) comes in when multiple positive buffs stack up and each one potentiates the other.
Thank you @SimGuruNick for the confirmation.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 11 of 27 (1,596 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@SimGuruNick : Thanks for the info and clarifications. Standard smile

@EuphorialQueen : "#DeathByLaundry" X-D

Message 12 of 27 (1,567 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@SimGuruNick Okay, maybe the tuning needs to come in the form of toning down the ridiculous amount of happy buffs sims get from just every day. I mean what's one little +1 playful, except when all the sim has done is come home from work, eat, take a bath, and put on warm clothes in a house that's not furnished with the most expensive items and they are already very playful just from that. 

The Sims™ 4_20190614070106.jpg

Or how about a +1 Playful after going to the bathroom, washing hands, cooking lunch, eating, while standing in an AC house because that +1 playful is going to be boosted to +15 because every single thing the sim touched gave a +1 or +2 happy buff.

The Sims™ 4_20190525200614.jpg

Possibly the playful wouldn't be so dangerous then. As it is now, the playful buff is very random, and it's boosted so much by adding in powerful holiday, and family event + happy buffs plus just every day happy buffs. If you don't catch them, the sim will die. 

Message 13 of 27 (1,565 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@PoptartJuniper : Your Sim in the second pic is Very Inspired. Did you upload that one by mistake? (Or were you just demonstrating the power of Happy Buffs?)

Message 14 of 27 (1,563 Views)

Hero (Retired)

It was not a mistake. Look at the amount of happy buffs just from doing regular things in the house. Add a playful buff randomly from laundry and that sim will be hysterical and can die.

Message 15 of 27 (1,558 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@PoptartJuniper : So it was a demonstration of Happy Buffs. Yeow.

(I've actually kinda noticed that lately, but not in relation to laundry since, like I said, I have a LittleMsSam mod that changes the laundry buffs.)

Message 16 of 27 (1,537 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

My sim was Hysterical in one of my games, I didn't want my sim to die so I told him to eat the cake of the cow plant and the cow plant ate him, than he milked the cow plant and set it aside and later I give it to one of my kids and they became very playful.  Apparently you can't kill sim kids.  Thank you Cow Plant for draining emotions.

Edit: I forgot to mention the cow plant spit him back out, but saved my sim.

Message 17 of 27 (1,510 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@SimGuruNick So ... no more laundry in my games
Message 18 of 27 (1,463 Views)

Re: Sims Keep Becoming Hysterical From Laundry

★★★ Novice

I have laundry and no emotional deaths or hysterical yet. And I have very playful toddlers and children. Why do happy emotions kill sims though? Shouldn't sad emotions kill sims? It's a bit weird. My sims do regularly cry all night long if they have damp clothing though, which is very funny but kind of disturbing, especially when the whole family is crying all night from laundry.

Message 19 of 27 (1,296 Views)

★★★ Novice

Please turn it down, I've had three deaths from hysteria. Honestly, if YOU enjoy laundry that much irl, come on over,  I have five living breathing kids,  I don't find it that great every day. A moodlet when they get a warm blanket or towel, I agree, but otherwise, meh.

Message 20 of 27 (1,135 Views)