Re: 2 Sims can't get Leftovers from fridge at the same time

★ Novice
@crinrict
How do I downvote this comment?
Message 51 of 57 (516 Views)

Re: [BY DESIGN] Issue when asking multiple sims to use fridge

★ Guide

@NennaRC wrote:

I still have this problem, which makes it difficult for the sims to sync their meals and eat together as the others don't wait for their turn when one sim grabs food from the fridge although several sims have been sent to the same. Instead they start doing something else and the get leftovers action dissapears from their queue and I have to send them yet again to the fridge. Meanwhile the first sim who got his food has already finished his meal without company.

Also meals in general could be better synced so that sims get their food more or less at the same time and get seated at the dining table. Then they should start eating at the same time also. Why do someone finish when someone else starts? I understand that they sometimes need to eat alone if nobody else is hungry, but maybe the pie menu should have this eat together function when call to meal is used so that the sims who grab their serving first wait for the other sims before they start eating? It's sad to hardly ever see the sims eat together and they also still very often choose to stand up and eat or go and sit on someones bed. For example if a sim is doing his homework, someone else take their plate and go to sit beside that sim, for company I guess, but still, I mean why not eat at the table?

You are not the only one who has to deal with this, it's super annoying! Back in The Sims 3 and I think The Sims 2, I'd have at least 2 or 3 Sims get food out of the same fridge, they que up by the fridge, Sim 1 gets his food, Sim 2 gets his food, Sim 3 gets her food, all standing in a perfect orderly line and once each got their food, they went to sit down to enjoy their meal, Sims 4 comes along and this orderly system is ruined by a flawed design that should have been patched AGES AGO, I detest it that every time I have a few Sims get food at the same time and rather queuing up and waiting their turn, one gets their meal and the other idiots wave their hands and do their 'I can't Reach It' complaint, like seriously Sims 4, just have them que up and wait their turn, don't whine because someone else is using the fridge, sheesh!

Message 52 of 57 (488 Views)

Re: 2 Sims can't get Leftovers from fridge at the same time

Hero
@grimeney There's no downvote feature at AHQ.

If you don't like this, it's best to post in one of the feedback forums.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 53 of 57 (472 Views)

Sims fail to queue for access to the fridge

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Island Living, Discover University, Snowy Escape, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, StrangerVille, Realm of Magic, Luxury Party Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, My First Pet Stuff, Moschino Stuff, Nifty Knitting Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? If multiple sims are heading to the fridge for food or to cook, the sims will say they can't go instead of just waiting.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims will cancel the action
What do you expect to see? Multiple sims to be able to get food from the fridge
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

They also will not willing get letovers, I have to force them

Message 54 of 57 (483 Views)

Re: Sims fail to queue for access to the fridge

★★★ Guide

This has always been a routing issue. If a Sim is in the way other sims cannot use the fridge. The worst is when they decide to sit in front of the fridge to eat, because it blocks everyone else for even longer.

Message 55 of 57 (465 Views)

★★★ Novice

It has definitely been an issue that has existed before, but I know they have fixed it in the past. It has only recently become an issue again after a period of it not happening. At least for me? I have not had to deal with this issue for a very long time.

Message 56 of 57 (463 Views)

Hero
@dananical I merged your post with the thread on this.

As stated by SimQARobo this is by design now

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 57 of 57 (436 Views)