Re: Issue when asking multiple sims to use fridge

by deadlystingnyc

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] Issue when asking multiple sims to use fridge

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I have a bug when multiple sims are send to get food out of the fridge. By no means game breaking, but a little annoying.

If I send a sim to get something from the fridge and then send another sim to the fridge before the first sim has reached the fridge, the first sim stops and complains of the path being blocked and the action is canceled. This happens even though there's plenty of free space around the fridge and the second sim is far away, so they aren't "getting in each others way". The second sim takes food out of the fridge as directed.

I am not using any mods or custom content.

Message 1 of 57 (4,145 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Any update on the fridge bug?

EA Sims Team

Just want to update this thread - I've been told that in The Sims 4, it's by design that if you queue a Sim action on the fridge and then queue an action from another Sim on the fridge, the Sim that queues the action second will route fail.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 34 of 57 (3,849 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

This seems to be an issue when two or more sims try to use any object that is unique. I've noticed it gets especially bad with the baby crib. If multiple sims try to interact with it at once, generally they all end up complaining about route failure and nobody tends to the baby's needs unless I manually cancel out the autonomous crib interactions for all the sims and quickly direct one sim to interact with the crib before anyone else rolls up an autonomous interaction. When multiple sims attempt to use an non-unique item, like toilets on a lot that has several bathrooms, the sims just pick one that isn't in use if they get "blocked" by another sim.

Message 2 of 57 (4,041 Views)

Hero

I noticed that too.

Wonder if it's a bug. Let me ask around.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 57 (4,037 Views)

Hero

SimGuruMarion tweeted that this is a bug, so I added to the list.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 57 (3,953 Views)

★★★ Novice
Awesome. :-) Thanks.
Message 5 of 57 (3,948 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I have this issue also with tents - when one Sim is entering the tent other Sim have a routing failure and I have to wait for the first Sim to go inside it's annoying... :/

Message 6 of 57 (3,882 Views)

2 Sims can't get Leftovers from fridge at the same time

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I'm not sure if this should be posted to the Routing issues thread but there's a bug where if you have 2 or more Sims get leftovers, the other Sim(s) will not get the leftovers due to the normal routing rules. Video of bug is on YouTube (starts at 1:30).

I believe why the problem occurs is due to the rules of routing:

If there is a Sim or Object blocking the Sim from accessing that object or the Sim can't reach it because the object is in wrong direction or there's no door to other room, the Sim will stop the action. Some objects may follow a different rule such as the Fridge in The Sims 3 (explained after this paragraph) where the Sim(s) will wait until the Sims are out of the way. For some reason, the fridge in The Sims 4 uses the normal rules causing the other Sims to not get the food if they try to get Leftovers at the same time. However, the food bowls/plates with multiple servings doesn't use the same rules as the fridge and commanding all Sims to go to plate at the same time will have them grab the food correctly.

Here's how the rule work in The Sims 3

The player commands 2 or more Sims to grab leftovers, the 1st Sim is in front of the fridge and grabs the leftovers, the 2nd Sim waits (with the action still in queue) for the 1st Sim to move away and then he/she grabs the leftovers from the fridge.

I couldn't find a similar thread on EA Answers or on the Sims' Forums but this should be on the compiled list. I wonder if future updates will correct this.

I should also add that this bug does affect cooking. If one Sim grabbed the meal from the fridge and I had another attempt to cook, the same issue may occur.

Message 7 of 57 (3,857 Views)

Re: 2 Sims can't get Leftovers from fridge at the same time

Hero

@GothicSimmer Sorry, I have now found the thread and merged your post.

It's on the list. Not sure why I overlooked it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 57 (3,851 Views)

★ Guide

Looks like this has been fixed as the Sims trying to get food from the fridge will now do the action properly. Previously the 2nd Sim would cancel the action due to another Sim blocking him/her access to the fridge.

Message 9 of 57 (3,784 Views)

Hero

Marking this as solved for now then

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 57 (3,778 Views)