Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] Invisible Terrain Paint in Manage Worlds

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get To Work, Get Together, City Living, Parenthood, Vampires, Outdoor Retreat, Dine Out, Spa Day, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, and Holiday Celebration Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place down terrain paint on any lot that isn't an apartment where you can see it from manage worlds and the terrain won't be visible.
What happens when the bug occurs? The terrain isn't visible when your in manage worlds.
What do you expect to see? I want to be able to see the terrain paint when in manage worlds.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I don't know if this was intentional but it's been there since the game launched I believe. Unfortunately I can't get a screenshot because the game will not allow me to take a picture in manage worlds.

Message 1 of 4 (581 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Invisible Terrain Paint in Manage Worlds

Hero (Retired)

@Hi_its_Nobody I would say this is by design, to conserve on resources when in the Manage Worlds screen, but we can tag @SimQARobo to be sure, as the screen does show a lot of fine detail with regard to objects like trees and plants (not to mention structures) placed on lots.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (663 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@Hi_its_Nobody I would say this is by design, to conserve on resources when in the Manage Worlds screen, but we can tag @SimQARobo to be sure, as the screen does show a lot of fine detail with regard to objects like trees and plants (not to mention structures) placed on lots.

Message 2 of 4 (664 Views)

EA Sims Team

@Hi_its_Nobody @BryonyRae

I've heard this is indeed by design.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 3 of 4 (506 Views)

★ Guide

Ok, because I was thinking if maybe it could work with very high settings or something but it might be just a little much since the coding would have to be put in and stuff. Thanks for letting me know though! Sorry about the spoiler tag, that was an accident if it still shows up.

Spoiler

Message 4 of 4 (492 Views)